Based in Basel, Switzerland, the multidisciplinary journal Cellular and Molecular Life Sciences (CMLS) publishes research articles, reviews, multi-author reviews and visions & reflections articles covering the latest aspects of biological and biomedical research. The journal will consider contributions focusing on biochemistry and molecular biology, cell biology, molecular and cellular aspects of biomedicine, neuroscience, pharmacology and immunology. In addition, CMLS welcomes comments on any article published in CMLS, as well as suggestions for topics to be covered.
One volume comprising 24 issues per year
Of all contributions by an international board of experts
Short Publication Time
Decision on acceptance/rejection within 1 month (for research articles) Online First publication; publication of the print version no more than 2 months after acceptance (for research articles)
Black & white, color illustrations at no cost
30 complimentary reprints per article or PDF document
Cell. Mol. Life Sci.
First published in 1945
Renamed in 1997
1 volume per year, 24 issues per volume
approx. 4200 pages per vol.
Format: 21 x 27.9 cm
ISSN 1420-682X (print)
ISSN 1420-9071 (electronic)
- Offers articles, reviews, and visions & reflections on the latest aspects of biological and biomedical research
- Coverage includes molecular and cellular aspects of biomedicine, cell biology, immunology, neuroscience, biochemistry and pharmacology
- 94% of authors who answered a survey reported that they would definitely publish or probably publish in the journal again
- Klaus Eichmann
- Publishing model
- Hybrid. Open Choice – What is this?
- Impact factor: 7.014 (2018)
- Five year impact factor: 6.341 (2018)
- Submission to first decision: 15 days
- Acceptance to publication: 8 days
- Downloads: 963,224 (2018)