Research in Engineering Design is an international journal that publishes research papers on design theory and methodology in all fields of engineering, focusing on mechanical, civil, architectural, and manufacturing engineering. The journal is designed for professionals in academia, industry, and government interested in research issues relevant to design practice. Representative topics include functional representation, feature-based design, shape grammars, process design, redesign, product data base models, and empirical studies. The journal also publishes state-of-the-art review articles.
- Publishes research papers on design theory and methodology in engineering.
- Emphasizes the underlying principles of engineering design and research results that are of interest to multiple engineering domains.
- Examines theories of design, foundations of design environments, representations and languages, models of design processes, and integration of design and manufacturing.
- Focuses on mechanical, civil, architectural, and manufacturing engineering.
- Yoram Reich
- Publishing model
- Hybrid. Open Access options available
- 2.224 (2019)
- Impact factor
- 2.162 (2019)
- Five year impact factor
- 57 days
- Submission to first decision
- 444 days
- Submission to acceptance
- 80,732 (2019)
Authors (first, second and last of 7)
A posteriori identification of dependencies between continuous variables for the engineering change management
As a result of the significant disruption that is being caused by the COVID-19 pandemic we are very aware that many researchers will have difficulty in meeting the timelines associated with our peer review process during normal times. Please do let us know if you need additional time. Our systems will continue to remind you of the original timelines but we intend to be highly flexible at this time.
About this journal
- Electronic ISSN
- Print ISSN
- Abstracted and indexed in
- Current Contents/Engineering, Computing and Technology
- EBSCO Academic Search
- EBSCO Advanced Placement Source
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- EBSCO Engineering Source
- EBSCO STM Source
- EBSCO Science & Technology Collection
- EI Compendex
- Google Scholar
- INIS Atomindex
- Institute of Scientific and Technical Information of China
- Japanese Science and Technology Agency (JST)
- Journal Citation Reports/Science Edition
- OCLC WorldCat Discovery Service
- ProQuest Central
- ProQuest Engineering
- ProQuest Materials Science and Engineering Database
- ProQuest SciTech Premium Collection
- ProQuest Technology Collection
- ProQuest-ExLibris Primo
- ProQuest-ExLibris Summon
- Science Citation Index Expanded (SciSearch)
- UGC-CARE List (India)
- WTI Frankfurt eG