The Astronomy and Astrophysics Review publishes invited reviews by leading experts from around the world. The range of topics covered includes all areas of astronomy and astrophysics; cosmic ray physics; studies in the solar system; astrobiology; developments in laboratory or particle physics directly relevant to astronomy; instrumentation; computational or statistical methods with specific astronomical applications; and other subjects relevant to astronomy and astrophysics.
All important fields are reviewed from time to time, with the frequency of review depending on the amount of research activity.
The editors choose articles for both their scientific quality, and for their readability. They thereby provide an excellent starting point for scientists or students seeking access to a new or unfamiliar field as well as for researchers and lecturers in need of authoritative material in fields with which they are less familiar.
Commonly used title abbreviations: Astron Astrophys Rev, A&AR, A&ARv
Are you a member of the AAS, AG, EAS or RAS?
Benefit from the special membership subscription rate!
For more information, click the link under "Additional information" in the right column on www.springer.com/159.
- Publishes invited reviews by leading experts from around the world
- Covers the full range of topics in astronomy and astrophysics
- Topics include cosmic ray physics; solar system studies; astrobiology; relevant progress in laboratory or particle physics; instrumentation and more
- Articles are chosen both for content and readability
- Francesca Matteucci
- Publishing model
- Hybrid. Open Access options available
- 15.143 (2018)
- Impact factor
- 14.578 (2018)
- Five year impact factor
- 52 days
- Submission to first decision
- 35 days
- Acceptance to publication
- 35,564 (2018)