Peer-reviewed and published quarterly, Acta Neurologica Belgicapresents original articles in the clinical and basic neurosciences, and also reports the proceedings and the abstracts of the scientific meetings of the different partner societies. The contents include commentaries, editorials, review articles, case reports, neuro-images of interest, book reviews and letters to the editor.
Acta Neurologica Belgica is the official journal of the following national societies:
Belgian Neurological Society
Belgian Society for Neuroscience
Belgian Society of Clinical Neurophysiology
Belgian Pediatric Neurology Society
Belgian Study Group of Multiple Sclerosis
Belgian Stroke Council
Belgian Headache Society
Belgian Study Group of Neuropathology
- Acta Neurologica Belgica (ANB) is an international peer-reviewed neurological journal. Founded in the early 1900, ANB is one of the oldest neurological publication in Europe.
- Acta Neurologica Belgica is a quarterly journal that publishes original articles in the clinical and basic neurosciences. It also reports the proceedings and the abstracts of the scientific meetings of the different partner societies.
- It benefits clinical neuroscientists (neurologists, pediatric neurologists, neuroradiologists, neurophysiologists and neurosurgeons), as well as basic neuroscientists and psychiatrists as it also publishes basic neuroscience articles and articles on psychiatric aspects of neurological disorders.
- Patrick Cras
- Publishing model
- Hybrid (Transformative Journal). Learn about publishing Open Access with us
- 1.989 (2019)
- Impact factor
- 2.054 (2019)
- Five year impact factor
- 32 days
- Submission to first decision
- 98 days
- Submission to acceptance
- 120,410 (2020)
A novel homozygous missense variant in the NAXE gene in an Iranian family with progressive encephalopathy with brain edema and leukoencephalopathy
Authors (first, second and last of 5)
Authors (first, second and last of 4)
Cerebellar ataxia, neuropathy and vestibular areflexia syndrome (canvas): an important cause of late-onset ataxia with unique clinical features
Authors (first, second and last of 11)
Join the global campaign to foster public enthusiasm and support for brain science. Enjoy reading highly cited articles published in Acta Neruologica Belgica. Read more...
Free access will last until March 15th 2021. Read more...
As a result of the significant disruption that is being caused by the COVID-19 pandemic we are very aware that many researchers will have difficulty in meeting the timelines associated with our peer review process during normal times. Please do let us know if you need additional time. Our systems will continue to remind you of the original timelines but we intend to be highly flexible at this time.
Enjoy our free access campaign!
On the occasion of the Brain Awareness Week we are pleased to grant free access to the following related articles published in Acta Neurologica Belgica.
Societies, partners and affiliations
About this journal
- Electronic ISSN
- Print ISSN
- Abstracted and indexed in
- BFI List
- Current Contents/Clinical Medicine
- EBSCO Biomedical Reference Collection
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- Google Scholar
- Institute of Scientific and Technical Information of China
- Japanese Science and Technology Agency (JST)
- Journal Citation Reports/Science Edition
- OCLC WorldCat Discovery Service
- ProQuest-ExLibris Primo
- ProQuest-ExLibris Summon
- Science Citation Index Expanded (SciSearch)
- TD Net Discovery Service
- UGC-CARE List (India)