International Journal of Disaster Risk Science (IJDRS) is a fully sponsored, peer-reviewed open access journal published under the brand SpringerOpen. It addresses theoretical and methodological issues in all areas of disaster risk science, policy, and practice. Coverage includes case studies and research comparing responses to major disasters worldwide.
IJDRS promotes Future Earth – Integrated Risk Governance Project research. This includes revealing the dynamic processes of disaster risk; using case studies and comparative analyses to establish risk governance models targeting disasters that might exceed capacities; refining modeling tools; and fostering integrated disaster risk science that meets the challenges of sustainable development.
The journal is a platform for researchers, practitioners, and policymakers, which aims to improve international, national, and regional capacities for disaster risk analysis, management, and governance.
The publication costs for IJDRS are covered by Beijing Normal University and the China Association for Science and Technology so authors do not need to pay an article-processing charge.
The journal operates a double-blind peer-review system, where the reviewers do not know the names or affiliations of the authors and the reviewer reports provided to the authors are anonymous.
All articles published are made freely and permanently accessible online immediately upon publication, without subscription charges or registration barriers. Further information about open access can be found at https://www.springeropen.com/about/open-access.
As authors of articles published in IJDRS you are the copyright holders of your article and have granted to any third party, in advance and in perpetuity, the right to use, reproduce or disseminate your article, according to the SpringerOpen copyright and license agreement (https://www.springeropen.com/get-published/copyright/copyright-and-license-agreement).
For those of you who are US government employees or are prevented from being copyright holders for similar reasons, SpringerOpen can accommodate non-standard copyright lines. Please contact email@example.com if further information is needed.
- Publishing high-quality research articles addressing theoretical and methodological issues in disaster science, emergency response technology, disaster risk management, and large-scale disaster risk governance.
- Closely linked to the on-going Integrated Risk Governance Project, one of the Global Research Projects under Future Earth.
- Creating an exchange platform for sharing information and experiences from disaster risk analysis, management, and governance.
- Pei Jun Shi,
- Carlo Jaeger
- Editorial Director
- Ying Li
- Publishing model
- Open Access. Learn about publishing OA with us
- 3.727 (2020)
- Impact factor
- 4.67 (2020)
- Five year impact factor
- 434,509 (2020)
Distributed Simulation Platforms and Data Passing Tools for Natural Hazards Engineering: Reviews, Limitations, and Recommendations
Authors (first, second and last of 10)
Societies, partners and affiliations
About this journal
- Electronic ISSN
- Print ISSN
- Co-Publisher information
Beijing Normal University Press
- Abstracted and indexed in
- Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS) - GoOA
- Chinese Science Citation Database
- Current Contents/Physical, Chemical and Earth Sciences
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- EBSCO Political Science Complete
- EBSCO Risk Management Reference Center
- Google Scholar
- INIS Atomindex
- Journal Citation Reports/Science Edition
- OCLC WorldCat Discovery Service
- ProQuest Advanced Technologies & Aerospace Database
- ProQuest Agricultural & Environmental Science Database
- ProQuest Aquatic Sciences and Fisheries Abstracts (ASFA)
- ProQuest Central
- ProQuest Earth, Atmospheric & Aquatic Science Database
- ProQuest Engineering
- ProQuest Environmental Science
- ProQuest Materials Science and Engineering Database
- ProQuest Military Database
- ProQuest Natural Science Collection
- ProQuest Oceanic Abstracts
- ProQuest SciTech Premium Collection
- ProQuest Technology Collection
- ProQuest-ExLibris Primo
- ProQuest-ExLibris Summon
- Science Citation Index Expanded (SciSearch)
- Semantic Scholar
- TD Net Discovery Service
- UGC-CARE List (India)