Biological Theory is devoted to theoretical advances in the fields of evolution and cognition with an emphasis on the conceptual integration afforded by evolutionary and developmental approaches. Follow us on Twitter @BiolTheory https://twitter.com/BiolTheory
The journal appeals to a wide audience of scientists, social scientists, and scholars from the humanities, particularly philosophers and historians of biology.
Articles are single anonymous reviewed by independent international reviewers. The Editor-in-Chief makes all final decisions for all submitted papers based on these reviews.
- Stuart A. Newman
- Publishing model
- Hybrid. Open Access options available
- 65 days
- Submission to first decision
- 198 days
- Submission to acceptance
- 39,639 (2018)
Biological Theory’s second virtual special issue is out now. Advances in Biological Theory makes available articles of broad interest from past issues, all offered with free online access in January and February.
For the table of contents and links to the articles, click here
Call for Applications: 6th Sixth European Advanced School in the Philosophy of the Life Sciences (EASPLS)
"Dealing with Complexity in the Life Sciences"
For late-stage PhD students. Deadline: January 30, 2020
- Note this is only the net price. Taxes will be calculated during checkout.
- Immediate online access
- Full Journal access includes all articles
- Downloadable in PDF
- Subscription expires 12/31/2020
About this journal
- Electronic ISSN
- Print ISSN
- Abstracted and indexed in
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- Google Scholar
- Institute of Scientific and Technical Information of China
- Japanese Science and Technology Agency (JST)
- OCLC WorldCat Discovery Service
- ProQuest Biological Science Database
- ProQuest Central
- ProQuest Natural Science Collection
- ProQuest SciTech Premium Collection
- ProQuest-ExLibris Primo
- ProQuest-ExLibris Summon
- Zoological Record