French National Institute for Agricultural Research (INRA)
Ranked the number one agricultural research institute in Europe and number two in the world for its publications, INRA makes crucial contributions in basic research and innovation in food, agriculture and environment.
INRA Research Orientations 2010 - 2020
2 INTERDISCIPLINARY SCIENTIFIC UNDERTAKINGS
‣ Predictive approaches in biology: an extension of integrative and systemic biology, and combining biology with mathematics and informatics
‣ Agroecology, combining ecology, agronomy, zootechnics and practices of players
5 SCIENTIFIC CHALLENGES
Within the scope of “food – agriculture – environment” and centred on the major social challenges of the 21st century.
‣ Integrating the economic, social and environmental performance of agriculture.
‣ Developing healthy and sustainable food systems.
‣ Reducing the greenhouse effect and helping agriculture and forests adapt to climate change.
‣ Biomass recovery for chemistry and energy.
‣ Global food security and global changes.
Springer publishes the following journals on behalf of INRA: