Aims and scope
Agronomy for Sustainable Development (ASD) is an international peer-reviewed scientific journal which publishes original experimental, empirical and theoretical research articles, review articles and meta-analyses leading to enhanced sustainability for agricultural and food systems. The journal’s objective is to interface agronomy, cropping and farming system researches with ecological, genetic, environmental, economic or social sciences.
ASD promotes agroecology studies, participatory research and interdisciplinary approaches. It seeks to publish articles focusing on systems approaches, applied at field, farm, landscape, food systems and global levels.
Research articles should demonstrate a clear scientific breakthrough versus current knowledge, and should be discussed in an international context. Review articles should report a critical evaluation of emerging topics. Opinion papers can also be submitted as reviews. Meta-analysis articles should clearly contribute to answering a widely debated scientific question.
ASD subject areas include:
- Impacts of global environmental changes on agro-ecosystems (including agroforestry)
- Management of ecosystem services in agricultural settings
- Environmental impacts of agriculture
- Transition to sustainable food systems
- Innovative cropping, livestock and farming systems
- Sustainability assessment and design of agricultural systems and decision support tools
- field experiments of only local interest
- monodisciplinary articles in ecology, plant physiology, soil and environmental sciences, genetics, microbiology and entomology that do not explicitly consider crop production.
- articles in economics and social sciences that have no integration with the above-mentioned subject areas and are not part of an interdisciplinary approach
- studies that involve experiments mainly conducted in pots or disconnected from production conditions.
Agronomy for Sustainable Development (ASD) is an international journal owned by INRAE (France's National Research Institute for Agriculture, Food and Environment).
For authorsSubmit manuscript
Working on a manuscript?
Avoid the most common mistakes and prepare your manuscript for journal editors.Learn more