Agronomy for Sustainable Development (ASD) is an international peer-reviewed scientific journal which publishes original experimental, empirical and theoretical research articles, review articles and meta-analyses leading to enhanced sustainability for agricultural and food systems. The journal’s objective is to interface agronomy, cropping and farming system researches with ecological, genetic, environmental, economic or social sciences.
Why publish with us
- We are owned by the French National Institute for Agriculture, Food and Environment (INRAE), the world's number one institute for research on agriculture, food, and the environment.
- Ranked in the top five of agronomy journals worldwide, we publish high quality research and reviews conveying novel insights.
- Through Springer Compact agreements, authors from participating institutions can publish Open Choice at no cost to the authors.
- Sylvie Recous,
- Jacques Le Bot,
- Jean-Marc Meynard
- Managing Editor
- Alexandra Béliaeff
- Publishing model
- Hybrid (Transformative Journal). Learn about publishing Open Access with us
- 5.832 (2020)
- Impact factor
- 9.354 (2020)
- Five year impact factor
- 36 days
- Submission to first decision
- 214 days
- Submission to acceptance
- 741,204 (2020)
Authors (first, second and last of 8)
Authors (first, second and last of 7)
Authors (first, second and last of 17)
Authors (first, second and last of 17)
Call for Papers: Virtual issue on “Farmer-Centric On-Farm Experimentation (OFE): digital tools for a scalable transformative pathway”.
On-Farm Experimentation (OFE) is a farmer-centric pathway for improvement in agri-food systems. Based on experiments designed with farmers, conducted by them, and for their interests first, OFE not only answers farmers’ own questions but also provides data for researchers to create more broadly valuable insights.
This Virtual Issue focuses on issues and recent advances relative to OFE with emphasis on enabling digital technologies.
Submission Deadline: March 1, 2022 | Expected 2022
Call for Papers: Virtual issue on “Agricultural Production Systems sIMulator (APSIM): modelling new technologies, applications and frontiers”
The Virtual Issue focuses on recent advances in technologies and applications of APSIM relative to agricultural production.
Submission Deadline: April 31, 2022 | Expected 2022
This virtual issue will bring together papers that explore whether and how diversity and diversification can contribute to more sustainable and resilient agricultural landscape systems worldwide.
Submission Deadline: March 31, 2022 | Expected 2022
As a result of the significant disruption that is being caused by the COVID-19 pandemic we are very aware that many researchers will have difficulty in meeting the timelines associated with our peer review process during normal times. Please do let us know if you need additional time. Our systems will continue to remind you of the original timelines but we intend to be highly flexible at this time.
Societies, partners and affiliations
About this journal
- Electronic ISSN
- Print ISSN
- Abstracted and indexed in
- BFI List
- Biological Abstracts
- CAB Abstracts
- Chemical Abstracts Service (CAS)
- Current Contents/ Agriculture, Biology & Environmental Sciences
- EBSCO Academic Search
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- EBSCO GreenFILE
- EBSCO STM Source
- Google Scholar
- IFIS Publishing
- INIS Atomindex
- Japanese Science and Technology Agency (JST)
- Journal Citation Reports/Science Edition
- OCLC WorldCat Discovery Service
- ProQuest Agricultural & Environmental Science Database
- ProQuest Central
- ProQuest Environmental Science
- ProQuest Natural Science Collection
- ProQuest SciTech Premium Collection
- ProQuest-ExLibris Primo
- ProQuest-ExLibris Summon
- Science Citation Index Expanded (SciSearch)
- TD Net Discovery Service
- UGC-CARE List (India)