Agronomy for Sustainable Development (ASD) is an international peer-reviewed scientific journal which publishes original experimental, empirical and theoretical research articles, review articles and meta-analyses leading to enhanced sustainability for agricultural and food systems. The journal’s objective is to interface agronomy, cropping and farming system researches with ecological, genetic, environmental, economic or social sciences.
Why publish with us
- We are owned by the French National Institute for Agriculture, Food and Environment (INRAE), the world's number one institute for research on agriculture, food, and the environment.
- Ranked in the top five of agronomy journals worldwide, we publish high quality research and reviews conveying novel insights.
- Through Springer Compact agreements, authors from participating institutions can publish Open Choice at no cost to the authors.
- Sylvie Recous,
- Jacques Le Bot,
- Jean-Marc Meynard
- Managing Editor
- Alexandra Béliaeff
- Publishing model
- Hybrid (Transformative Journal). Learn about publishing Open Access with us
- 4.531 (2019)
- Impact factor
- 7.032 (2019)
- Five year impact factor
- 36 days
- Submission to first decision
- 214 days
- Submission to acceptance
- 741,204 (2020)
Diversification supports farm income and improved working conditions during agroecological transitions in southern Brazil
Authors (first, second and last of 4)
Authors (first, second and last of 10)
This virtual issue will bring together papers that explore whether and how diversity and diversification can contribute to more sustainable and resilient agricultural landscape systems worldwide.
As a result of the significant disruption that is being caused by the COVID-19 pandemic we are very aware that many researchers will have difficulty in meeting the timelines associated with our peer review process during normal times. Please do let us know if you need additional time. Our systems will continue to remind you of the original timelines but we intend to be highly flexible at this time.
Our Submission Guidelines become more flexible in particular for illustrations and structure of research articles.
We are very pleased to inform you that the second Virtual Issue Insights on Work in Agriculture of Agronomy for Sustainable Development is available as a special service for you.
Our Virtual Issues are compiled in close collaboration with the Editor-in-Chief and focus on cutting-edge topics. They present key articles which have been published in the journal over the course of the last years.
Societies, partners and affiliations
About this journal
- Electronic ISSN
- Print ISSN
- Abstracted and indexed in
- BFI List
- Biological Abstracts
- CAB Abstracts
- Chemical Abstracts Service (CAS)
- Current Contents/ Agriculture, Biology & Environmental Sciences
- EBSCO Academic Search
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- EBSCO GreenFILE
- EBSCO STM Source
- Elsevier Biobase
- Google Scholar
- IFIS Publishing
- INIS Atomindex
- Institute of Scientific and Technical Information of China
- Japanese Science and Technology Agency (JST)
- Journal Citation Reports/Science Edition
- OCLC WorldCat Discovery Service
- ProQuest Agricultural & Environmental Science Database
- ProQuest Central
- ProQuest Environmental Science
- ProQuest Natural Science Collection
- ProQuest SciTech Premium Collection
- ProQuest-ExLibris Primo
- ProQuest-ExLibris Summon
- Science Citation Index Expanded (SciSearch)
- TD Net Discovery Service
- UGC-CARE List (India)