Biomedical Engineering Letters (BMEL) is an interdisciplinary, international journal devoted to the publication of original investigations concerned with major aspects of biomedical engineering and applied biophysics. BMEL aims to present the innovative experimental science and technological development in the biomedical field as well as clinical application of new development. The article must contain original biomedical engineering content, defined as development, theoretical analysis, and evaluation/validation of a new technique. BMEL publishes the following types of papers: original articles, review articles, editorials, and letters to the editor. All the papers are reviewed in single-blind fashion.
Single-blind peer review
The journal follows a single-blind review procedure, where the reviewers are aware of the names and affiliations of the authors, but the reviewer reports provided to authors are anonymous. Single-blind peer review is the traditional model of peer review that many reviewers are comfortable with, and it facilitates a dispassionate critique of a manuscript.
- Rapid review and publication: the average time from submission to first decision is 3 weeks. After acceptance, articles are published online in about 3 weeks.
- Up-to-date invited review papers written by the world’s leading authorities in the field of biomedical engineering
- Special issue opportunities by guest editors
- Jae Sung Lee
- Publishing model
- 39 days
- Submission to first decision
- 11 days
- Acceptance to publication
- 23,539 (2018)