Biomedical Engineering Letters (BMEL) is an interdisciplinary, international journal devoted to the publication of original investigations concerned with major aspects of biomedical engineering and applied biophysics. BMEL aims to present the innovative experimental science and technological development in the biomedical field as well as clinical application of new development. The article must contain original biomedical engineering content, defined as development, theoretical analysis, and evaluation/validation of a new technique. BMEL publishes the following types of papers: original articles, review articles, editorials, and letters to the editor. All the papers are reviewed in single-blind fashion.
Single-blind peer review
The journal follows a single-blind review procedure, where the reviewers are aware of the names and affiliations of the authors, but the reviewer reports provided to authors are anonymous. Single-blind peer review is the traditional model of peer review that many reviewers are comfortable with, and it facilitates a dispassionate critique of a manuscript.
- Rapid review and publication: the average time from submission to first decision is 3 weeks. After acceptance, articles are published online in about 3 weeks.
- Up-to-date invited review papers written by the world’s leading authorities in the field of biomedical engineering
- Special issue opportunities by guest editors
- Jae Sung Lee
- Publishing model
- 49 days
- Submission to first decision
- 114 days
- Submission to acceptance
- 30,867 (2019)
Authors (first, second and last of 6)
Source separation from single-channel abdominal phonocardiographic signals based on independent component analysis
Biodistribution of poly clustered superparamagnetic iron oxide nanoparticle labeled mesenchymal stem cells in aminoglycoside induced ototoxic mouse model
Authors (first, second and last of 9)
Biomedical Engineering Letters (BMEL) is an official journal of the Korean Society of Medical and Biological Engineering (KOSOMBE). The KOSOMBE is a scientific and professional organization founded in 1979, and a member of International Federation for Medical and Biological Engineering (IFMBE).
Original Articles should contain no more than 6,000 words. This word limit includes all data: title page, abstract, text, disclosure, acknowledgments, key points, references, figure legends, and tables.
A maximum of 8 figures (maximum of 16 parts in total with no more than 4 parts per figure preferred), 8 tables, and 60 references is allowed. A one−paragraph abstract of 150 to 250 words must accompany Original and Review Articles. In the Original Articles, it should state concisely the reason for the study, what was done, what was found, what was concluded, and the relevance.
Societies, partners and affiliations
About this journal
- Electronic ISSN
- Print ISSN
- Abstracted and indexed in
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- EI Compendex
- Emerging Sources Citation Index
- Google Scholar
- Institute of Scientific and Technical Information of China
- Japanese Science and Technology Agency (JST)
- OCLC WorldCat Discovery Service
- ProQuest Biological Science Database
- ProQuest Central
- ProQuest Engineering
- ProQuest Materials Science and Engineering Database
- ProQuest Natural Science Collection
- ProQuest SciTech Premium Collection
- ProQuest Technology Collection
- ProQuest-ExLibris Primo
- ProQuest-ExLibris Summon
- TD Net Discovery Service
- UGC-CARE List (India)
- WTI Frankfurt eG