Cognitive, Affective, & Behavioral Neuroscience (CABN) offers theoretical, review, and primary research articles on behavior and brain processes in humans. Coverage includes normal function as well as patients with injuries or processes that influence brain function: neurological disorders, including both healthy and disordered aging; and psychiatric disorders such as schizophrenia and depression.
CABN is the leading vehicle for strongly psychologically motivated studies of brain–behavior relationships, through the presentation of papers that integrate psychological theory and the conduct and interpretation of the neuroscientific data.
The range of topics includes perception, attention, memory, language, problem solving, reasoning, and decision-making; emotional processes, motivation, reward prediction, and affective states; and individual differences in relevant domains, including personality.
Cognitive, Affective, & Behavioral Neuroscience is a publication of the Psychonomic Society.
Cognitive, Affective, & Behavioral Neuroscience is committed to upholding principles of integrity in scientific publishing and practice. As a member of the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE), the journal will follow COPE guidelines concerning procedures for handling potential acts of professional misconduct.
- Covers normal function as well as brain injuries and disorders affection brain function
- Integrates theory with interpretation of neuroscientific data
- A publication of the Psychonomic Society
- Diego A. Pizzagalli
- Publishing model
- Hybrid. Learn about publishing Open Access with us
- 2.206 (2019)
- Impact factor
- 3.143 (2019)
- Five year impact factor
- 346,920 (2019)
Noninvasive brain stimulation to lateral prefrontal cortex alters the novelty of creative idea generation
Authors (first, second and last of 4)
Electrocortical Effects of Acetaminophen during Emotional Picture Viewing, Cognitive Control, and Negative Feedback
Authors (first, second and last of 5)
We acknowledge with gratitude the following Reviewers who contributed to the peer review process of Cognitive, Affective, & Behavioral Neuroscience in 2020. We value your generous contributions.
As a result of the significant disruption that is being caused by the COVID-19 pandemic, we are very aware that many researchers will have difficulty in adhering to the normal timelines associated with many steps of the publication process, including peer review. Please do let us know if you need additional time at any step. Our systems will continue to remind you of the original timelines, but we intend to be highly flexible at this time.
Societies, partners and affiliations
About this journal
- Electronic ISSN
- Print ISSN
- Abstracted and indexed in
- Biological Abstracts
- EBSCO Academic Search
- EBSCO Biomedical Reference Collection
- EBSCO CINAHL
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- EBSCO Linguistics Abstracts Online
- EBSCO STM Source
- Elsevier Biobase
- Google Scholar
- Institute of Scientific and Technical Information of China
- Japanese Science and Technology Agency (JST)
- Journal Citation Reports/Science Edition
- OCLC WorldCat Discovery Service
- ProQuest Biological Science Database
- ProQuest Central
- ProQuest Health & Medical Collection
- ProQuest Health Research Premium Collection
- ProQuest Medical Database
- ProQuest Natural Science Collection
- ProQuest Neurosciences Abstracts
- ProQuest Nursing & Allied Health Database
- ProQuest Pharma Collection
- ProQuest Psychology Database
- ProQuest SciTech Premium Collection
- ProQuest-ExLibris Primo
- ProQuest-ExLibris Summon
- Science Citation Index Expanded (SciSearch)
- TD Net Discovery Service
- UGC-CARE List (India)