The journal Attention, Perception, & Psychophysics is an official journal of the Psychonomic Society. It spans all areas of research in sensory processes, perception, attention, and psychophysics. Most articles published are reports of experimental work; the journal also presents theoretical, integrative, and evaluative reviews. Founded in 1966 as Perception & Psychophysics, the journal assumed its present name in 2009.
The journal also encourages studies with a neuroscientific perspective that enhance our understanding of attention, perception, and psychophysics.
- For editorial-related inquiries, please contact Editor-in-Chief Mike Dodd, Ph.D, at firstname.lastname@example.org
- For questions concerning ScholarOne's manuscript submission system, please contact email@example.com
Attention Perception & Psychophysics is committed to upholding principles of integrity in scientific publishing and practice. As a member of the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE), the journal will follow COPE guidelines concerning procedures for handling potential acts of professional misconduct.
- Spans all areas of research in sensory processes, perception, attention and psychophysics
- Founded in 1966
- A publication of the Psychonomic Society
- Michael D. Dodd
- Publishing model
- Hybrid. Open Access options available
- 1.893 (2019)
- Impact factor
- 1.967 (2019)
- Five year impact factor
- 1,019,016 (2019)
Transfer of incompatible spatial mapping to the vertical Simon task generalizes across effectors but not stimulus features
Authors (first, second and last of 4)
Due to ongoing errors in production processing, Attention Perception & Psychophysics is experiencing a delay in issue-building. We hope to publish the delayed 2020 issues quite soon. We thank you for your patience.
As a result of the significant disruption that is being caused by the COVID-19 pandemic, we are very aware that many researchers will have difficulty in adhering to the normal timelines associated with many steps of the publication process, including peer review. Please do let us know if you need additional time at any step. Our systems will continue to remind you of the original timelines, but we intend to be highly flexible at this time.
Deadline for submission: May 15, 2020
This special issue aims to highlight and advance contemporary research on human perception and attention relevant to the work of Charles W. Eriksen. We invite contributions of both original research and reviews of research that advance current understanding of scientific issues, methods, findings, or theoretical ideas that were the focus of Erik’s research career.
Guest Editors: Joseph S. Lappin, Gordon D. Logan, Lisa R. Fournier, and James E. Hoffman
Due to author requests based on the complications surrounding COVID-19, we are pushing the deadline for this a final time to May 15. If you have any questions or concerns regarding deadlines or submissions, please contact Joe Lappin (joe.lappin@Vanderbilt.Edu).
Deadline for submission: June 1, 2020
Attention, Perception, & Psychophysics is now accepting submissions for a Special Issue on Ensemble Perception. This Special Issue will be Guest Edited by Joshua Solomon, Shaul Hochstein, and David Whitney.
Due to author requests based on the complications surrounding COVID-19, we are pushing the deadline for this a final time to June 1, 2020. If you have any questions or concerns regarding deadlines or submissions, please contact Joshua Solomon (J.A.Solomon@city.ac.uk).
Societies, partners and affiliations
About this journal
- Electronic ISSN
- Print ISSN
- Abstracted and indexed in
- Biological Abstracts
- Current Contents / Social & Behavioral Sciences
- EBSCO Academic Search
- EBSCO Biomedical Reference Collection
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- EBSCO Linguistics Abstracts Online
- EBSCO STM Source
- Google Scholar
- Institute of Scientific and Technical Information of China
- Japanese Science and Technology Agency (JST)
- Journal Citation Reports/Science Edition
- Journal Citation Reports/Social Sciences Edition
- OCLC WorldCat Discovery Service
- ProQuest British Nursing Database
- ProQuest Central
- ProQuest Education Database
- ProQuest Health & Medical Collection
- ProQuest Health Research Premium Collection
- ProQuest Medical Database
- ProQuest Pharma Collection
- ProQuest Psychology Database
- ProQuest Research Library
- ProQuest Social Science Collection
- ProQuest-ExLibris Primo
- ProQuest-ExLibris Summon
- Science Citation Index Expanded (SciSearch)
- Social Science Citation Index
- UGC-CARE List (India)