Biomass Conversion and Biorefinery presents articles and information on research, development and applications in thermo-chemical conversion; physico-chemical conversion and bio-chemical conversion, including all necessary steps for the provision and preparation of the biomass as well as all possible downstream processing steps for the environmentally sound and economically viable provision of energy and chemical products.
- Focuses on the technical, chemical, and system aspects of the processes of biomass conversion and biorefinery.
- Operates in the topical areas of Bioengineering, Renewable Energy, and Environmental Protection.
- According to a 2019 survey, 97% of previous authors would be very likely to submit a manuscript to this journal again.
- Martin Kaltschmitt,
- Hermann Hofbauer
- Publishing model
- Hybrid (Transformative Journal). Learn about publishing Open Access with us
- 4.987 (2020)
- Impact factor
- 4.151 (2020)
- Five year impact factor
- 42 days
- Submission to first decision
- 91 days
- Submission to acceptance
- 186,815 (2020)
Biovalorization of agro-industrial waste soybean meal for the production of prodigiosin by Serratia marcescens
Authors (first, second and last of 10)
Sustainable acid catalyst from the hydrothermal carbonization of carrageenan: use in glycerol conversion to solketal
Authors (first, second and last of 4)
Production of bioethanol and biogas from Spirodela polyrhiza in a biorefinery concept and output energy analysis of the process
Authors (first, second and last of 11)
Valorization of salt post-modified poultry manure biochars for phosphorus recovery from aqueous solutions: investigations on adsorption properties and involved mechanism
Authors (first, second and last of 8)
Questions about your submission to the journal? Find the right person to answer them by clicking here.
Call for Papers - Advanced Thermochemical and Biochemical Processes for Biomass Transformation to Biofuels and Biochemicals
The journal of Biomass Conversion and Biorefinery is now accepting submissions to a new thematic issue on new thermo- and biochemical processes in the transformation of biomass to biofuels and biochemicals.
Submission Deadline: November 30, 2021
The journal of Biomass Conversion and Biorefinery is now accepting submissions to a new thematic issue, "Recent advances and future opportunities: Organic waste to energy and value-added products."
Submission Deadline: December 10, 2021
Biomass Conversion and Biorefinery is now accepting submissions to its second annual thematic issue on "Advances in Biomass Research" in partnership with ICheEC 2021. Read more and submit here.
Submission Deadline: December 15, 2021
About this journal
- Electronic ISSN
- Print ISSN
- Abstracted and indexed in
- BFI List
- Chemical Abstracts Service (CAS)
- Current Contents/Engineering, Computing and Technology
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- EI Compendex
- Google Scholar
- INIS Atomindex
- Japanese Science and Technology Agency (JST)
- Journal Citation Reports/Science Edition
- Norwegian Register for Scientific Journals and Series
- OCLC WorldCat Discovery Service
- ProQuest-ExLibris Primo
- ProQuest-ExLibris Summon
- Science Citation Index Expanded (SciSearch)
- TD Net Discovery Service
- UGC-CARE List (India)
- WTI Frankfurt eG