- MERJ is an international journal that specifically targets and/or draws on significant ideas and developments in mathematics education from the Australasian region.
- The Journal publishes articles focusing on theoretical, pedagogical, methodological, and philosophical topics related to mathematics education across all levels of education and vocations – both formal and informal.
- MERJ encourages the publication of studies that are of significant interest and value to the international research communities. As such it promotes a forum for the publication of high quality empirical research and theoretical/philosophical papers that contribute to the knowledge of mathematics education.
- Peter Grootenboer
- Publishing model
- Hybrid. Open Access options available
- 45 days
- Submission to first decision
- 229 days
- Submission to acceptance
- 73,310 (2018)
The “ins and outs” of student engagement in mathematics: shifts in engagement factors among high and low achievers
An inquiry-based design research for teaching geometric transformations by developing mathematical practices in dynamic geometry environment
How are we progressing with academic numeracy at regional universities? Perspectives from first-year undergraduate studies
Authors (first, second and last of 7)
The proposed special issue will examine how spatial reasoning, the mental manipulation of 2D and 3D relations, supports mathematics achievement.
This special issue will provide a platform for researchers who are leading a shift in the ways that gender is conceptualised and investigated in mathematics education research in the field to share their work, thus inspiring readers to examine their own practices when conducting ‘gender issues’ research in mathematics education.
hrough two peer-reviewed journals – Mathematics Education Research Journal and Mathematics Teacher Education and Development – and an engaging annual Conference, The Mathematics Education Research Group of Australasia promotes, shares and disseminates rigorous research in mathematics education across Australasia.
For editors and reviewers to accurately assess the work presented in your manuscript you need to ensure the English language is of sufficient quality to be understood.
Societies, partners and affiliations
- Note this is only the net price. Taxes will be calculated during checkout.
- Immediate online access
- Full Journal access includes all articles
- Downloadable in PDF
- Subscription expires 12/31/2020
About this journal
- Electronic ISSN
- Print ISSN
- Abstracted and indexed in
- Astrophysics Data System (ADS)
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- EBSCO Education Research Complete
- EBSCO Education Source
- Emerging Sources Citation Index
- Gale Academic OneFile
- Google Scholar
- Institute of Scientific and Technical Information of China
- Japanese Science and Technology Agency (JST)
- OCLC WorldCat Discovery Service
- ProQuest Advanced Technologies & Aerospace Database
- ProQuest Central
- ProQuest Civil Engineering Abstracts
- ProQuest Computer and Information Systems Abstracts
- ProQuest Education Database
- ProQuest Electronics and Communications Abstracts
- ProQuest Engineering
- ProQuest Materials Science and Engineering Database
- ProQuest Mechanical and Transportation Engineering Abstracts
- ProQuest SciTech Premium Collection
- ProQuest Social Science Collection
- ProQuest Solid State and Superconductivity Abstracts
- ProQuest Technology Collection
- ProQuest-ExLibris Primo
- ProQuest-ExLibris Summon