The Australian Educational Researcher (AER) provides a forum for education researchers to debate internationally relevant issues across all levels of education, including:
· early childhood,
· primary and secondary school education,
· alternative education,
· adult education,
· vocational education and training, and
· university education.
The journal includes contributions from local and international researchers, representing a variety of relevant disciplinary perspectives.
Contents include original research articles employing quantitative, qualitative or mixed-methods, scholarly essays, methodological and theoretical discussion papers and education policy analyses.
Note to prospective authors: As submissions to the journal are increasing and reviewers are in short supply, please be advised that manuscripts that are not sufficiently proofread, internationalised and/or that do not engage with prior research published in AER will not be sent out for review.
Special Issue Proposals
AER will publish occasional special issues to a maximum one per annum. It is expected that the guest editor(s) of the special issue submit a proposal to the Managing Editor who will then send it out to review to the Editorial Board.
The criteria upon which it will be judged are whether the issue addresses contemporary concerns in an innovative way that aligns with the journal’s aims.
The special issue proposal should outline:
· Statement of overall aims and rationale for special issue
· Contribution to the field
· Rationale for the selection of papers
· Appropriateness to AER
· A list of possible reviewers
- International and national perspectives on education research from any level of education
- Original quantitative and qualitative research and papers that are methodologically or theoretically innovative
- Included in ISI Social Sciences Citation Index
- Nicole Mockler
- Publishing model
- Hybrid. Open Access options available
- 1 (2018)
- Impact factor
- 1.110 (2018)
- Five year impact factor
- 40 days
- Submission to first decision
- 214 days
- Submission to acceptance
- 111,124 (2018)