Download the AARE/AER Best Paper and other shortlisted articles for FREE! More info here:
The Australian Educational Researcher (AER) provides a forum for education researchers to debate internationally relevant issues across all levels of education, including:
· early childhood,
· primary and secondary school education,
· alternative education,
· adult education,
· vocational education and training, and
· university education.
The journal includes contributions from local and international researchers, representing a variety of relevant disciplinary perspectives.
Contents include original research articles employing quantitative, qualitative or mixed-methods, scholarly essays, methodological and theoretical discussion papers and education policy analyses.
Note to prospective authors: As submissions to the journal are increasing and reviewers are in short supply, please be advised that manuscripts that are not sufficiently proofread, internationalised and/or that do not engage with prior research published in AER will not be sent out for review.
Special Issue Proposals
AER will publish occasional special issues to a maximum one per annum. It is expected that the guest editor(s) of the special issue submit a proposal to the Managing Editor who will then send it out to review to the Editorial Board.
The criteria upon which it will be judged are whether the issue addresses contemporary concerns in an innovative way that aligns with the journal’s aims.
The special issue proposal should outline:
· Statement of overall aims and rationale for special issue
· Contribution to the field
· Rationale for the selection of papers
· Appropriateness to AER
· A list of possible reviewers
- International and national perspectives on education research from any level of education
- Original quantitative and qualitative research and papers that are methodologically or theoretically innovative
- Included in ISI Social Sciences Citation Index
- Nicole Mockler
- Publishing model
- Hybrid. Learn about publishing OA with us
- 1.559 (2019)
- Impact factor
- 1.560 (2019)
- Five year impact factor
- 36 days
- Submission to first decision
- 217 days
- Submission to acceptance
- 151,345 (2019)
Educators reflecting on sleep and rest time dilemmas in ECEC: where is the “critical” in reflective practices?
Authors (first, second and last of 4)
Participatory design for community-based research: a study on regional student higher education pathways
Authors (first, second and last of 5)
As a result of the significant disruption that is being caused by the COVID-19 pandemic we are very aware that many researchers will have difficulty in meeting the timelines associated with our peer review process during normal times. Please do let us know if you need additional time. Our systems will continue to remind you of the original timelines but we intend to be highly flexible at this time.
The articles are available for free until January 31, 2021
AARE is a national professional association of educational researchers in Australia. Its purpose is to promote, support and improve research and scholarship in education to enhance educational processes, policy and practice at all levels.
Springer and the Australian Educational Researcher would like to announce the 2018 Springer AER Best Paper Prize and Best Reviewer Prize.
Societies, partners and affiliations
About this journal
- Electronic ISSN
- Print ISSN
- Abstracted and indexed in
- Current Contents / Social & Behavioral Sciences
- EBSCO Academic Search
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- EBSCO Education Research Complete
- EBSCO Education Source
- Google Scholar
- Institute of Scientific and Technical Information of China
- Journal Citation Reports/Social Sciences Edition
- OCLC WorldCat Discovery Service
- ProQuest Central
- ProQuest Education Database
- ProQuest Social Science Collection
- ProQuest-ExLibris Primo
- ProQuest-ExLibris Summon
- Social Science Citation Index
- TD Net Discovery Service
- UGC-CARE List (India)