Addresses the expanding scope and unprecedented impact of technologies, in order to improve the critical understanding of the conceptual nature and practical consequences, and hence provide the conceptual foundations for their fruitful and sustainable developments. The journal welcomes high-quality submissions, regardless of the tradition, school of thought or disciplinary background from which they derive.
Your article in Philosophy & Technology?
Submit your article online via: http://www.editorialmanager.com/phte. All submissions are subjected to double-blind peer review; the average peer review time is 3 months.
Authors wishing to submit a reply article, or a proposal for a review article, a book symposium, a special issue or a focused debate, are invited to contact the Assistant Editor for further information.
- Luciano Floridi
- Publishing model
- Hybrid (Transformative Journal). Learn about publishing Open Access with us
- 67 days
- Submission to first decision
- 188 days
- Submission to acceptance
- 372,681 (2020)
Authors (first, second and last of 5)
The journal uses the following review procedures for the articles it publishes:
Original Research: articles that are within scope will be send for double blind peer review.Commentary: should only be submitted upon invitation of the journal and will be reviewed by the Editor in Chief in possible cooperation with Executive Editors.
Original Research Articles from Editorial Board Members have the following review procedure:
- The Editor in Chief does not publish original research articles in the journal.
- Submissions by Executive Editors and Editorial Board Members that are within scope will be send for double blind peer review. These submissions will not be handled by the submitting author.
Thanks for your interest in submitting a proposal for a Topical Collection in Philosophy & Technology.
We prepared an explanation of the publishing process and relevant information for guest editors. We invite you to read these documents carefully; they will help you with the preparation and successful implementation of a topical collection.
When you are ready to start preparing a proposal, we invite you to do so via the form we prepared. This will provide us with the information we need to be able to make a fast and well-informed decision.
Please submit your proposal to the publisher: email@example.com
- Niël Conradie (RWTH Aachen University)
- Hendrik Kempt (RWTH Aachen University)
- Peter Königs (RWTH Aachen University)
About this journal
- Electronic ISSN
- Print ISSN
- Abstracted and indexed in
- BFI List
- EBSCO Academic Search
- EBSCO Applied Science & Technology Source
- EBSCO Computer Science Index
- EBSCO Computers & Applied Sciences Complete
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- EBSCO Education Research Complete
- EBSCO Education Source
- EBSCO MasterFILE
- EBSCO Professional Development Collection
- EBSCO Public Affairs Index
- EBSCO STM Source
- EBSCO Science & Technology Collection
- EBSCO Sociological Collection
- EBSCO Teacher Reference Collection
- Google Scholar
- Institute of Scientific and Technical Information of China
- OCLC WorldCat Discovery Service
- ProQuest ABI/INFORM
- ProQuest Business Premium Collection
- ProQuest Central
- ProQuest Entrepreneurship Database
- ProQuest Philosophy Database
- ProQuest Social Science Collection
- ProQuest Sociology
- ProQuest-ExLibris Primo
- ProQuest-ExLibris Summon
- TD Net Discovery Service
- UGC-CARE List (India)