Each year Ambio publishes between two and four special issues on topical research themes. Articles published in special issues are widely appreciated by our readership and belong to the most highly cited papers in Ambio. The highest level of editorial support will be given to these high-priority articles throughout the review and publication processes.
We strongly encourage research groups to submit thematic proposals for future special issues in Ambio. Proposals are welcome at any time, but twice a year – 1 April and 1 October – the editors will evaluate all proposals based on scientific soundness and interest to our readership. If you are interested in publishing a special issue in Ambio, please submit:
• a general introduction to the topic and why it is important,
• clearly stated research questions,
• a description of the implementation,
• specific outcomes/benefits to the readership and potential spin-offs,
• a tentative list of article titles including author names (also include abstracts if available),
• project group members,
• name or names of potential independent guest editor(s)
• time table including your desired month of publication,
• statement of risk/backup if things do not go as planned.
This proposal should be sent to the editor-in-chief Bo Söderström (email@example.com). Please plan 12–18 months ahead due to the intense competition for publication space in Ambio. The guest editor must be approved by the Editor-in-Chief, who also takes all final publication decisions.
Published in 2020
Published in 2019
Published in 2018
Published in 2017