The Journal of Agricultural, Biological and Environmental Statistics (JABES) publishes papers that introduce new statistical methods to solve practical problems in the agricultural sciences, the biological sciences (including biotechnology), and the environmental sciences (including those dealing with natural resources). Papers that apply existing methods in a novel context are also encouraged. Interdisciplinary papers and papers that illustrate the application of new and important statistical methods using real data are strongly encouraged.
For regular papers, a motivating example should be presented early in the paper. The statistical development should then be presented, and the results applied to the example. Expository, review, and survey articles addressing broad-based statistical issues are also encouraged.
Presentation should be accurate, clear, and comprehensible to readers with a background in statistical applications. When necessary, detailed proofs and other lengthy technical portions of a manuscript should be submitted as supplementary material so that they will not interfere with the primary focus on the paper. For regular papers, real data should almost always be used to illustrate the statistical methods, and computer code, together with the real data, or possibly an example dataset, should normally be provided as supplementary material.
Articles that have been previously published in a refereed journal or articles that are under review by another journal may not be submitted to JABES.
- A joint publication of the International Biometric Society (http://www.biometricsociety.org/) and the American Statistical Association (http://www.amstat.org/)
- Publishes papers that introduce new statistical methods to solve problems in the agricultural, biological and environmental sciences
- Expository, review and survey articles also encouraged
- Brian J. Reich
- Publishing model
- Hybrid. Open Choice – What is this?
- Impact factor: 1.203 (2018)
- Five year impact factor: 1.358 (2018)
- Submission to first decision: 29 days
- Downloads: 32,344 (2018)