The Journal of Agricultural, Biological and Environmental Statistics (JABES) publishes papers that introduce new statistical methods to solve practical problems in the agricultural sciences, the biological sciences (including biotechnology), and the environmental sciences (including those dealing with natural resources). Papers that apply existing methods in a novel context are also encouraged. Interdisciplinary papers and papers that illustrate the application of new and important statistical methods using real data are strongly encouraged.
For regular papers, a motivating example should be presented early in the paper. The statistical development should then be presented, and the results applied to the example. Expository, review, and survey articles addressing broad-based statistical issues are also encouraged.
Presentation should be accurate, clear, and comprehensible to readers with a background in statistical applications. When necessary, detailed proofs and other lengthy technical portions of a manuscript should be submitted as supplementary material so that they will not interfere with the primary focus on the paper. For regular papers, real data should almost always be used to illustrate the statistical methods, and computer code, together with the real data, or possibly an example dataset, should normally be provided as supplementary material.
Articles that have been previously published in a refereed journal or articles that are under review by another journal may not be submitted to JABES.
- A joint publication of the International Biometric Society (http://www.biometricsociety.org/) and the American Statistical Association (http://www.amstat.org/)
- Publishes papers that introduce new statistical methods to solve problems in the agricultural, biological and environmental sciences
- Expository, review and survey articles also encouraged
- Brian J. Reich
- Publishing model
- Hybrid. Open Access options available
- 1.203 (2018)
- Impact factor
- 1.358 (2018)
- Five year impact factor
- 27 days
- Submission to first decision
- 327 days
- Submission to acceptance
- 32,344 (2018)
Estimating Changes in the Observed Relationship Between Humidity and Temperature Using Noncrossing Quantile Smoothing Splines
Authors (first, second and last of 4)
Authors (first, second and last of 4)
As a result of the significant disruption that is being caused by the COVID-19 pandemic we are very aware that many researchers will have difficulty in meeting the timelines associated with our peer review process during normal times.
Please do let us know if you need additional time. Our systems will continue to remind you of the original timelines but we intend to be highly flexible at this time.
Read recently published open access articles from the Journal of Agricultural, Biological and Environmental Statistics.
Stay up-to-date with the Journal of Agricultural, Biological and Environmental Statistics and follow the journal on Twitter.
For more information about the International Biometric Society and the American Statistical Association, please visit the respective websites for each society.
About this journal
- Electronic ISSN
- Print ISSN
- Abstracted and indexed in
- Australian Business Deans Council (ABDC) Journal Quality List
- Biological Abstracts
- CAB Abstracts
- Current Contents/ Agriculture, Biology & Environmental Sciences
- Current Index to Statistics
- EBSCO Academic Search
- EBSCO Biomedical Reference Collection
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- EBSCO Food Science Source
- EBSCO Wildlife & Ecology Studies Worldwide
- Gale Academic OneFile
- Google Scholar
- INIS Atomindex
- Institute of Scientific and Technical Information of China
- Japanese Science and Technology Agency (JST)
- Journal Citation Reports/Science Edition
- Mathematical Reviews
- OCLC WorldCat Discovery Service
- ProQuest Agricultural & Environmental Science Database
- ProQuest Biological Science Database
- ProQuest Central
- ProQuest Environmental Science
- ProQuest Natural Science Collection
- ProQuest SciTech Premium Collection
- ProQuest-ExLibris Primo
- ProQuest-ExLibris Summon
- Research Papers in Economics (RePEc)
- Science Citation Index
- Science Citation Index Expanded (SciSearch)
- Zoological Record