Australasian Physical & Engineering Sciences in Medicine (APESM) is a multidisciplinary forum for information and research on the application of physics and engineering to medicine and human physiology. APESM covers a broad range of topics that include but is not limited to:
- Medical physics in radiotherapy
- Medical physics in diagnostic radiology
- Medical physics in nuclear medicine
- Mathematical modelling applied to medicine and human biology
- Clinical biomedical engineering
- Feature extraction, classification of EEG, ECG, EMG, EOG, and other biomedical signals;
- Medical imaging - contributions to new and improved methods;
- Modelling of physiological systems
- Image processing to extract information from images, e.g. fMRI, CT, etc.;
- Biomechanics, especially with applications to orthopaedics.
- Nanotechnology in medicine
APESM offers original reviews, scientific papers, scientific notes, technical papers, educational notes, book reviews and letters to the editor.
APESM is the journal of the Australasian College of Physical Scientists and Engineers in Medicine, and also the official journal of the College of Biomedical Engineers, Engineers Australia and the Asia-Oceania Federation of Organizations for Medical Physics.
Details Concerning the Submission and Publication Procedures:
- No Page Charges
- No Fees for Online Color Images
- Optional Color Images in Print – EUR 950/USD 1150. VAT or local taxes will be added where applicable.
- Optional Open Access Publication Fee (APC) – EUR 2480/USD 3140/GBP 2080. VAT or local taxes will be added where applicable.
- Covers the application of physics and engineering to medicine and biology
- 100% of authors who answered a survey reported that they would definitely publish or probably publish in the journal again
- Jamie Trapp
- Publishing model
- Hybrid. Open Choice – What is this?
- Impact factor: 1.000 (2018)
- Five year impact factor: 1.152 (2018)
- Submission to first decision: 33 days
- Downloads: 51,772 (2018)