Annals of Microbiology covers these fields of fundamental and applied microbiology:
general, environmental, food, agricultural, industrial, ecology, soil, water, air and biodeterioration.
The journal’s scope does not include medical microbiology or phytopathological microbiology.
Papers reporting work on bacteria, fungi, microalgae, and bacteriophages are welcome.
Annals of Microbiology publishes Review Articles, Original Articles, Short Communications, and Editorials.
Originally founded as Annali Di Microbiologia Ed Enzimologia in 1940, Annals of Microbiology is an official journal of the University of Milan.
- - - - -
Annals of Microbiology moving to open access
In 2020, Annals of Microbiology will become a fully open access journal, and therefore all manuscripts published from 1st January 2020 will be published as Open Access and be licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution License 4.0 (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/)
The University of Milan, as part of The League of European Research Universities (LERU), adheres to the league's roadmap towards open access and moves Annals of Microbiology to open access publishing also in the framework of the European Commission’s recommendation and Plan S.
In preparation for the move to open access, from 15th October 2019 an open access submission portal will be made available for all new submissions. Please note, open access article-processing charges will apply for manuscripts submitted at this time.
- A long-established journal covering fundamental and applied microbiology
- Includes bacteria, fungi, microalgae, and bacteriophages
- No publication charges for regular articles (for extra services see our Instructions for Authors)
- Originally founded as Annali Di Microbiologia Ed Enzimologia in 1940
- 98% of authors who answered a survey reported that they would definitely publish or probably publish in the journal again
- Francesca Cappitelli
- Publishing model
- Open Access. Learn about OA at Springer
- Submission to first decision: 25 days
- Downloads: 88,322 (2018)