Applied Petrochemical Research is a quarterly Open Access journal supported by King Abdulaziz City for Science and Technology and all the manuscripts are single-blind peer-reviewed for scientific quality and acceptance. The article-processing charge (APC) for all authors is covered by KACST.
Every year KACST awards the best paper with the KACST Medal and $ 5000.
Contributions can be made in the format of:
(a) Original papers. These are full-length papers that report on a body of applied research that has been completed. It requires the authors to report their experimental findings, as well as interpret their data. If authors want to report research data with limited interpretation, or report on research that is unlikely to be sufficient for a full-length paper, they must submit the work as a "Research note".
(b) Review papers. These are an up to date summary of work that has been performed in a well-defined field within the scope of the journal. When submitting a review, it is important to discuss the work that has been published in literature (journal and patent) and to put it into context, highlighting progress and the application to the petrochemical industry. Authors are encouraged to interpret the literature and provide an argued perspective on future directions or opportunities in the field being reviewed.
(c) Research notes. These are short communications that report on meaningful data that may not be sufficient for an "Original paper". This type of communication is mainly aimed at scientists and engineers in industry. Authors are encouraged to submit work dealing with industrial case studies, performance test runs on industrial facilities, pilot plant investigations and experimental investigations that are unlikely to be of sufficient scope or depth to lead to full-length research papers. Papers on experimental investigations with a negative outcome and that convincingly demonstrate that a specific avenue of res earch is not profitable or technically feasible, are also welcome.
- This is an Open Access journal that is peer reviewed, but with no author fees.
- We encourage submission of Research Notes, short scientific studies and reports not requiring presentation as a full length paper.
- There is an Annual Prize of $ 5000 for the best manuscript.
- The waiver of author fees and annual prize are made possible due to sponsorship by KACST.
- Hamid A. Almegren,
- Arno de Klerk
- Publishing model
- Open Access. Learn about publishing OA with us
- 55 days
- Submission to first decision
- 106 days
- Submission to acceptance
- 160,081 (2020)
Pour point depression and flow improvement of waxy crude oil using polyethylene glycol esters of cashew nut shell liquid
Authors (first, second and last of 5)
A meta-analysis of multi-factors leading to performance challenges across Nigeria’s state-owned refineries
Binary mixtures of choline chloride-based deep eutectic solvents as green extractants for the extraction of benzene from n-hexane
Authors (first, second and last of 4)
Optimized formulation of thermoresponsive nanoemulsion-based gel for enhanced oil recovery (EOR) application
Authors (first, second and last of 5)
Journal updatesView all updates
Societies, partners and affiliations
About this journal
- Electronic ISSN
- Abstracted and indexed in
- Chemical Abstracts Service (CAS)
- EBSCO Applied Science & Technology Source
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- EBSCO STM Source
- EI Compendex
- Emerging Sources Citation Index
- Google Scholar
- Institute of Scientific and Technical Information of China
- OCLC WorldCat Discovery Service
- ProQuest Central
- ProQuest Earth, Atmospheric & Aquatic Science Database
- ProQuest Engineering
- ProQuest Materials Science and Engineering Database
- ProQuest Natural Science Collection
- ProQuest SciTech Premium Collection
- ProQuest Technology Collection
- ProQuest-ExLibris Primo
- ProQuest-ExLibris Summon
- Semantic Scholar
- TD Net Discovery Service
- WTI Frankfurt eG