WETLANDS is an international journal concerned with all aspects of wetlands biology, ecology, hydrology, water chemistry, soil and sediment characteristics, management, education, legislation, cultural, sociology, and regulations. The journal is published 6 times per year, with the goal of centralizing the publication of pioneering wetlands work that has never been done or otherwise been spread among a myriad of journals. Because wetlands research crosses a wide range of disciplines, the journal is not restricted to specific subjects, but presents manuscripts reporting research results and ideas from all relevant disciplines. Wetlands offers only the highest quality peer-reviewed material.
WETLANDS publishes various article types: reviews, research articles, and short communications. Manuscripts may be submitted under the ‘general’ article type, or, if appropriate, under any of the focused Series as mentioned under "Series and Article Types". There may also be temporary article types for Special Issues and Special Features, which usually are by invitation only. If unsure which article type to use for your manuscript, please contact the Editor in Chief, Marinus L. Otte.
- Produced by Society of Wetland Scientists (SWS), the world’s leading wetlands society
- Refereed articles from leading authors in wetlands science
- A central forum for pioneering wetlands research
- Explores all facets of wetlands biology, ecology, hydrology, water chemistry, soil and sediment characteristics
- Coverage extends to management, legal and regulatory topics
- Marinus L. Otte
- Publishing model
- Hybrid. Open Access options available
- 1.854 (2018)
- Impact factor
- 2.165 (2018)
- Five year impact factor
- 80 days
- Submission to first decision
- 256 days
- Submission to acceptance
- 139,116 (2018)
Dynamic Changes of Plateau Wetlands in the Damqu River Basin, Yangtze River Source Region, China, 1988–2015
Authors (first, second and last of 6)
Authors (first, second and last of 7)
Authors (first, second and last of 5)
Authors (first, second and last of 5)
As a result of the significant disruption that is being caused by the COVID-19 pandemic we are very aware that many researchers will have difficulty in meeting the timelines associated with our peer review process during normal times. Please do let us know if you need additional time. Our systems will continue to remind you of the original timelines but we intend to be highly flexible at this time.
WETLANDS publishes various ‘article types: reviews, research articles, and short communications. Manuscripts may be submitted under the ‘general’ article type, or, if appropriate, under any of the below focused Series. There may also be temporary article types for Special Issues and Special Features, which usually are by invitation only.
Click here to read more...
Click here for more information.
The completion of a PhD thesis often provides an excellent opportunity to review a key topic, provide new perspectives, and develop new methodology. Wetlands encourages students and early career researchers (ECRs) to publish articles in the form of reviews or perspectives papers.
Therefore, for every article accepted in these two categories with students and ECRs (defined as being within one year of award of their PhD degree) as the first author, we offer two incentives:
1) a voucher for free access to any Springer publication in eBook form (up to a maximum value of 250 Euros/US dollars, and maximum one per year) in perpetuity
2) article made freely accessible for 8 weeks after online first publication.
Please see our Submission Guidelines on the right for how to apply for these incentives if you are a student or ECR author.
Societies, partners and affiliations
About this journal
- Electronic ISSN
- Print ISSN
- Co-Publisher information
- Society of Wetland Scientists, 22 N. Carroll St, Ste 300, Madison, WI 53703, USA. Tel: 608-310-7855. E-mail: email@example.com
- Abstracted and indexed in
- Biological Abstracts
- CAB Abstracts
- Current Contents/ Agriculture, Biology & Environmental Sciences
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- EBSCO Environment
- EBSCO Garden, Landscape & Horticulture Index
- EBSCO Wildlife & Ecology Studies Worldwide
- Gale Academic OneFile
- Google Scholar
- Institute of Scientific and Technical Information of China
- Japanese Science and Technology Agency (JST)
- Journal Citation Reports/Science Edition
- OCLC WorldCat Discovery Service
- ProQuest-ExLibris Primo
- ProQuest-ExLibris Summon
- Science Citation Index Expanded (SciSearch)
- Zoological Record