Society of Wetland Scientists
The Society of Wetland Scientists (SWS) is an international organization dedicated to fostering sound wetland science, education, and management.
BENEFITS OF MEMBERSHIP
- Access to the society journal Wetlands
- Free online access to the Springer journal Wetlands Ecology and Management
- 25% discount on Springer books
- Free access to Wetlands Science and Practice
- Reduced conference rates
- Potential access to student and other awards
- Access to membership and activities of the six Special Interest Sections (RAMSAR, Women in Wetlands, Peatlands, Global Change Ecology, Biogeochemistry, Wildlife)
Not yet a member? Click here to learn how to join today!
Promoting Understanding and Sustainable Use
The mission of the Society of Wetland Scientists is to promote understanding, scientifically based management, and sustainable use of wetlands.
THE SPECIFIC GOALS OF THE SWS
- The specific goals of the SWS, as outlined in the 2005-2010 strategic plan are to:
- Promote basic and applied wetland research of high quality
- Support wetland education and public awareness of wetlands
- Provide forums to disseminate the latest scientific results
- Promote science-based stewardship of wetlands
- Encourage incorporation of sound wetland science into policy
- Foster the international scope of wetland science and SWS
- Ensure that the growth and evolution of SWS are sustainable