WETLANDS is an international journal concerned with all aspects of wetlands biology, ecology, hydrology, water chemistry, soil and sediment characteristics, management, education, legislation, cultural, sociology, and regulations. The journal is published 6 times per year, with the goal of centralizing the publication of pioneering wetlands work that has never been done or otherwise been spread among a myriad of journals. Because wetlands research crosses a wide range of disciplines, the journal is not restricted to specific subjects, but presents manuscripts reporting research results and ideas from all relevant disciplines. Wetlands offers only the highest quality peer-reviewed material.
WETLANDS publishes various article types: reviews, research articles, and short communications. Manuscripts may be submitted under the ‘general’ article type, or, if appropriate, under any of the focused Series as mentioned under "Series and Article Types". There may also be temporary article types for Special Issues and Special Features, which usually are by invitation only. If unsure which article type to use for your manuscript, please contact the Editor in Chief, Marinus L. Otte.
- Produced by Society of Wetland Scientists (SWS), the world’s leading wetlands society
- Refereed articles from leading authors in wetlands science
- A central forum for pioneering wetlands research
- Explores all facets of wetlands biology, ecology, hydrology, water chemistry, soil and sediment characteristics
- Coverage extends to management, legal and regulatory topics
- Marinus L. Otte
- Publishing model
- Hybrid. Learn about publishing OA with us
- 1.783 (2019)
- Impact factor
- 2.222 (2019)
- Five year impact factor
- 68 days
- Submission to first decision
- 199 days
- Submission to acceptance
- 158,404 (2019)
Biochar Simultaneously Reduces Nutrient Leaching and Greenhouse Gas Emissions in Restored Wetland Soils
Riparian Plant Communities Remain Stable in Response to a Second Cycle of Tamarix Biocontrol Defoliation
Authors (first, second and last of 5)
The Human Element of Restoration Success: Manager Characteristics Affect Vegetation Recovery Following Invasive Tamarix Control
Authors (first, second and last of 8)
Predicting Bird Guilds Using Vegetation Composition and Structure on a Wild and Scenic River in Arizona
Authors (first, second and last of 5)
As a result of the significant disruption that is being caused by the COVID-19 pandemic we are very aware that many researchers will have difficulty in meeting the timelines associated with our peer review process during normal times. Please do let us know if you need additional time. Our systems will continue to remind you of the original timelines but we intend to be highly flexible at this time.
WETLANDS publishes various ‘article types: reviews, research articles, and short communications. Manuscripts may be submitted under the ‘general’ article type, or, if appropriate, under any of the below focused Series. There may also be temporary article types for Special Issues and Special Features, which usually are by invitation only.
Find out more...
Click here for more information.
The Doug Wilcox Award for Outstanding Associate Editor of Wetlands is awarded each year based on the recommendation of the Editor-in-Chief.
The newest award winner for 2020 is Mike Osland.
Societies, partners and affiliations
About this journal
- Electronic ISSN
- Print ISSN
- Co-Publisher information
- Society of Wetland Scientists, 22 N. Carroll St, Ste 300, Madison, WI 53703, USA. Tel: 608-310-7855. E-mail: email@example.com
- Abstracted and indexed in
- Biological Abstracts
- CAB Abstracts
- Current Contents/ Agriculture, Biology & Environmental Sciences
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- EBSCO Environment
- EBSCO Garden, Landscape & Horticulture Index
- EBSCO Wildlife & Ecology Studies Worldwide
- Google Scholar
- Institute of Scientific and Technical Information of China
- Japanese Science and Technology Agency (JST)
- Journal Citation Reports/Science Edition
- OCLC WorldCat Discovery Service
- ProQuest-ExLibris Primo
- ProQuest-ExLibris Summon
- Science Citation Index Expanded (SciSearch)
- TD Net Discovery Service
- UGC-CARE List (India)
- Zoological Record