WETLANDS publishes a wide range of Topical Collections. Check the Journal Updates for details.
WETLANDS is an international journal concerned with all aspects of wetlands biology, ecology, hydrology, water chemistry, soil and sediment characteristics, management, education, legislation, cultural, sociology, and regulations. The journal is published 6 times per year, with the goal of centralizing the publication of pioneering wetlands work that has never been done or otherwise been spread among a myriad of journals. Because wetlands research crosses a wide range of disciplines, the journal is not restricted to specific subjects, but presents manuscripts reporting research results and ideas from all relevant disciplines. Wetlands offers only the highest quality peer-reviewed material.
WETLANDS publishes various article types, including original research and reviews. Reviews that potentially appeal to the widest audience and are in-depth and over-arching in the fields of wetland science and management may be considered as Mark Brinson Reviews. All contributions to WETLANDS are also published in a wide range of Topical Collections. Authors are requested to select the Topical Collection that best fits their work by choosing the appropriate Topical Collection when submitting a manuscript. Please check the Journal Updates for detailed descriptions of each collection.
- Produced by Society of Wetland Scientists (SWS), the world’s leading wetlands society
- Refereed articles from leading authors in wetlands science
- A central forum for pioneering wetlands research
- Explores all facets of wetlands biology, ecology, hydrology, water chemistry, soil and sediment characteristics
- Coverage extends to management, legal and regulatory topics
- Marinus L. Otte
- Publishing model
- Hybrid (Transformative Journal). Learn about publishing Open Access with us
- 1.783 (2019)
- Impact factor
- 2.222 (2019)
- Five year impact factor
- 68 days
- Submission to first decision
- 199 days
- Submission to acceptance
- 158,404 (2019)
New Insights Into the Influence of Plant and Microbial Diversity on Denitrification Rates in a Salt Marsh
Authors (first, second and last of 5)
Soil Enzyme Activity as Affected by Land-Use, Salinity, and Groundwater Fluctuations in Wetland Soils of the Prairie Pothole Region
Authors (first, second and last of 4)
Estimation of Soil Carbon Stocks of Urban Freshwater Wetlands in the Colombo Ramsar Wetland City and their Potential Role in Climate Change Mitigation
Feeding Habit and Lifestyle Influence the Baseline Micronuclei Frequency of Crab Species in Pristine Mangroves
Authors (first, second and last of 4)
WETLANDS publishes Topical Collections on a wide range of topics. Authors are invited to submit regular research articles, short communications and review papers in these collections. Find out more
As a result of the significant disruption that is being caused by the COVID-19 pandemic we are very aware that many researchers will have difficulty in meeting the timelines associated with our peer review process during normal times. Please do let us know if you need additional time. Our systems will continue to remind you of the original timelines but we intend to be highly flexible at this time.
Click here for more information.
The Doug Wilcox Award for Outstanding Associate Editor of Wetlands is awarded each year based on the recommendation of the Editor-in-Chief.
The newest award winner for 2020 is Mike Osland.
Societies, partners and affiliations
About this journal
- Electronic ISSN
- Print ISSN
- Co-Publisher information
- Society of Wetland Scientists, 22 N. Carroll St, Ste 300, Madison, WI 53703, USA. Tel: 608-310-7855. E-mail: email@example.com
- Abstracted and indexed in
- Biological Abstracts
- CAB Abstracts
- Current Contents/ Agriculture, Biology & Environmental Sciences
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- EBSCO Environment
- EBSCO Garden, Landscape & Horticulture Index
- EBSCO Wildlife & Ecology Studies Worldwide
- Google Scholar
- Institute of Scientific and Technical Information of China
- Japanese Science and Technology Agency (JST)
- Journal Citation Reports/Science Edition
- OCLC WorldCat Discovery Service
- ProQuest-ExLibris Primo
- ProQuest-ExLibris Summon
- Science Citation Index Expanded (SciSearch)
- TD Net Discovery Service
- UGC-CARE List (India)
- Zoological Record