The Journal of the Knowledge Economy is the first journal to focus on the dynamics of the knowledge-based economy, with an emphasis on the role of knowledge creation, diffusion, and application across the spectrum of organizations, industries, nations, and regions. The journal incorporates insights from the fields of economics, management, law, sociology, anthropology, psychology, and political science to shed new light on the evolving role of knowledge and its economic implications. Articles emphasize empirical studies, underscoring a comparative approach, and, to a lesser extent, case studies and theoretical articles. The journal balances practice/application and theory/concepts.
For more information, please contact the Editor-in-Chief at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The first journal to focus on the social, technological and economic aspects of knowledge and innovation, combining theory/concepts and practice/application
The journal will promote a global, multi-disciplinary approach that reflects the dynamic nature of knowledge and innovation, encouraging collaboration among authors from different disciplines
Topical coverage across the spectrum of micro (firm-level), meso (industry-level), and macro (regional/national/international-level)
- Elias G. Carayannis
- Publishing model
- Hybrid. Open Access options available
- 95 days
- Submission to first decision
- 357 days
- Submission to acceptance
- 74,472 (2018)
Information Flow Analysis of a Knowledge Mapping-Based System for University Alumni Collaboration: a Practical Approach
An Open Innovation Project Typology of Exploration and Exploitation: Managerial Implications and Empirical Applications
Modelling Information and Communications Technology Cyber Security Externalities Spillover Effects on Sustainable Economic Growth
The Journal of the Knowledge Economy welcomes submissions to a special collection on "Design Thinking: Challenges and Opportunities." Click heading to learn more!
JKEC is seeking submissions for a planned special issue on 'Enhancing the Adaptability of Family Businesses to the Knowledge-based Economy'.
- Note this is only the net price. Taxes will be calculated during checkout.
- Immediate online access
- Full Journal access includes all articles
- Downloadable in PDF
- Subscription expires 12/31/2020
About this journal
- Electronic ISSN
- Print ISSN
- Abstracted and indexed in
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- Emerging Sources Citation Index
- Gale Academic OneFile
- Google Scholar
- Institute of Scientific and Technical Information of China
- OCLC WorldCat Discovery Service
- ProQuest ABI/INFORM
- ProQuest Business Premium Collection
- ProQuest Central
- ProQuest-ExLibris Primo
- ProQuest-ExLibris Summon
- Research Papers in Economics (RePEc)