Organisms Diversity & Evolution (published by the Gesellschaft fuer Biologische Systematik, GfBS) is devoted to furthering our understanding of all aspects of organismal diversity and evolution. Papers addressing evolutionary aspects of the systematics, phylogenetics, morphology and development, taxonomy and biogeography of any group of eukaryotes, recent or fossil, are welcome. Priority is given to papers with a strong evolutionary and/or phylogenetic focus. Manuscripts presenting important methods or tools or addressing key theoretical, methodological, and philosophical principles related to the study of organismal diversity are also welcome. Species descriptions are welcome as parts of a manuscript of broader interest that strive to integrate such taxonomic information with the other areas of interest mentioned above.
Published articles are of one of the following five types:
- Original article. Papers describing original, high-quality research in any of the areas mentioned above.
- Methods paper. Short papers (< 5 journal pages) describing new laboratory methods, bioinformatic tools, or databases that will facilitate research into organismal diversity.
- Forum paper. Papers discussing issues relevant to the main areas of interest of the journal and their related science politics.
- Review. Reviews of topics relevant to the journal. If you plan to submit a review, please contact the Editor-in-Chief by email at email@example.com.
Emerging Discussion. If you disagree with certain statements made in a paper published in Organisms Diversity & Evolution, you may want to send an “Emerging Discussion.” Please always contact the Editor-in-Chief before submission by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Covers all groups of eukaryotic organisms
- Official Journal of the "Gesellschaft für Biologische Systematik"
- Supported by the partner societies of the "Gesellschaft für Biologische Systematik"
- Andreas Wanninger
- Publishing model
- Hybrid (Transformative Journal). Learn about publishing Open Access with us
- 2.153 (2019)
- Impact factor
- 2.242 (2019)
- Five year impact factor
- 96 days
- Submission to first decision
- 232 days
- Submission to acceptance
- 55,029 (2020)
Phylogenetic approach redefines Plistonax (Coleoptera, Cerambycidae, Lamiinae) with new combinations and a new genus of flat-faced long-horned beetles
High species diversity of fish tapeworms in congeneric hosts in Africa: revision of Monobothrioides (Cestoda: Caryophyllidea), including description of two new species and molecular phylogeny
Authors (first, second and last of 4)
Genetic analysis of dicyemid infrapopulations suggests sexual reproduction and host colonization by multiple individuals is common
Authors (first, second and last of 5)
Molecular and morphological variation among the European species of the genus Aphidius Nees (Hymenoptera: Braconidae: Aphidiinae)
Authors (first, second and last of 7)
As a result of the significant disruption that is being caused by the COVID-19 pandemic we are very aware that many researchers will have difficulty in meeting the timelines associated with our peer review process during normal times. Please do let us know if you need additional time. Our systems will continue to remind you of the original timelines but we intend to be highly flexible at this time.
Societies, partners and affiliations
About this journal
- Electronic ISSN
- Print ISSN
- Abstracted and indexed in
- BFI List
- Biological Abstracts
- CAB Abstracts
- Current Contents/ Agriculture, Biology & Environmental Sciences
- EBSCO Academic Search
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- EBSCO STM Source
- Google Scholar
- Institute of Scientific and Technical Information of China
- Japanese Science and Technology Agency (JST)
- Journal Citation Reports/Science Edition
- OCLC WorldCat Discovery Service
- ProQuest Agricultural & Environmental Science Database
- ProQuest Algology, Mycology and Protozoology Abstracts (Microbiology C)
- ProQuest Aquatic Sciences and Fisheries Abstracts (ASFA)
- ProQuest Biological Science Database
- ProQuest Central
- ProQuest Earth, Atmospheric & Aquatic Science Database
- ProQuest Ecology Abstracts
- ProQuest Entomology Abstracts
- ProQuest Environmental Science
- ProQuest Genetics Abstracts
- ProQuest Natural Science Collection
- ProQuest Oceanic Abstracts
- ProQuest SciTech Premium Collection
- ProQuest-ExLibris Primo
- ProQuest-ExLibris Summon
- Science Citation Index Expanded (SciSearch)
- TD Net Discovery Service
- UGC-CARE List (India)
- Zoological Record