Organisms Diversity & Evolution (published by the Gesellschaft fuer Biologische Systematik, GfBS) is devoted to furthering our understanding of all aspects of organismal diversity and evolution. Papers addressing evolutionary aspects of the systematics, phylogenetics, morphology and development, taxonomy and biogeography of any group of eukaryotes, recent or fossil, are welcome. Priority is given to papers with a strong evolutionary and/or phylogenetic focus. Manuscripts presenting important methods or tools or addressing key theoretical, methodological, and philosophical principles related to the study of organismal diversity are also welcome. Species descriptions are welcome as parts of a manuscript of broader interest that strive to integrate such taxonomic information with the other areas of interest mentioned above.
Published articles are of one of the following five types:
- Original article. Papers describing original, high-quality research in any of the areas mentioned above.
- Methods paper. Short papers (< 5 journal pages) describing new laboratory methods, bioinformatic tools, or databases that will facilitate research into organismal diversity.
- Forum paper. Papers discussing issues relevant to the main areas of interest of the journal and their related science politics.
- Review. Reviews of topics relevant to the journal. If you plan to submit a review, please contact the Editor-in-Chief by email at email@example.com.
Emerging Discussion. If you disagree with certain statements made in a paper published in Organisms Diversity & Evolution, you may want to send an “Emerging Discussion.” Please always contact the Editor-in-Chief before submission by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Covers all groups of eukaryotic organisms
- Official Journal of the "Gesellschaft für Biologische Systematik"
- Supported by the partner societies of the "Gesellschaft für Biologische Systematik"
- Andreas Wanninger
- Publishing model
- Hybrid. Open Access options available
- 2.153 (2019)
- Impact factor
- 2.242 (2019)
- Five year impact factor
- 64 days
- Submission to first decision
- 202 days
- Submission to acceptance
- 45,194 (2019)
Strong phylogenetic constraint on transition metal incorporation in the mandibles of the hyper-diverse Hymenoptera (Insecta)
Authors (first, second and last of 7)
Phylogenetic analysis of the tribe Neanurini questions tribal classification of the subfamily Neanurinae (Collembola: Neanuridae)
Insights into mud dragon morphology (Kinorhyncha, Allomalorhagida): myoanatomy and neuroanatomy of Dracoderes abei and Pycnophyes ilyocryptus
Authors (first, second and last of 5)
As a result of the significant disruption that is being caused by the COVID-19 pandemic we are very aware that many researchers will have difficulty in meeting the timelines associated with our peer review process during normal times. Please do let us know if you need additional time. Our systems will continue to remind you of the original timelines but we intend to be highly flexible at this time.
Societies, partners and affiliations
About this journal
- Electronic ISSN
- Print ISSN
- Abstracted and indexed in
- Biological Abstracts
- CAB Abstracts
- Current Contents/ Agriculture, Biology & Environmental Sciences
- EBSCO Academic Search
- EBSCO STM Source
- Elsevier Biobase
- Japanese Science and Technology Agency (JST)
- Journal Citation Reports/Science Edition
- ProQuest Agricultural & Environmental Science Database
- ProQuest Algology, Mycology and Protozoology Abstracts (Microbiology C)
- ProQuest Aquatic Sciences and Fisheries Abstracts (ASFA)
- ProQuest Biological Science Database
- ProQuest Central
- ProQuest Earth, Atmospheric & Aquatic Science Database
- ProQuest Ecology Abstracts
- ProQuest Entomology Abstracts
- ProQuest Environmental Science
- ProQuest Genetics Abstracts
- ProQuest Natural Science Collection
- ProQuest Oceanic Abstracts
- ProQuest SciTech Premium Collection
- Science Citation Index Expanded (SciSearch)
- UGC-CARE List (India)
- Zoological Record