Probiotics and Antimicrobial Proteins publishes reviews, original articles, letters and short notes and technical/methodological communications aimed at advancing fundamental knowledge and exploration of the applications of probiotics, natural antimicrobial proteins and their derivatives in biomedical, agricultural, veterinary, food, and cosmetic products. The Journal welcomes fundamental research articles and reports on applications of these microorganisms and substances, and encourages structural studies and studies that correlate the structure and functional properties of antimicrobial proteins.
- Advances understanding of the applications of probiotics, natural antimicrobial proteins and derivatives
- Explores their use in biomedicine, agriculture, food, cosmetics and other industries
- Includes both fundamental and applied research
- Michael Chikindas
- Publishing model
- Hybrid. Open Access options available.
- 2.962 (2018)
- Impact factor
- 2.411 (2018)
- Five year impact factor
- 40 days
- Submission to first decision
- 65,490 (2018)