Journal of Earth Science (previously known as Journal of China University of Geosciences), issued bimonthly through China University of Geosciences, covers all branches of geology and related technology in the exploration and utilization of earth resources. Founded in 1990 as the Journal of China University of Geosciences, this publication is expanding its breadth of coverage to an international scope. Coverage includes such topics as geology, petrology, mineralogy, ore deposit geology, tectonics, paleontology, stratigraphy, sedimentology, geochemistry, geophysics and environmental sciences.
Articles published in recent issues include Tectonics in the Northwestern West Philippine Basin; Creep Damage Characteristics of Soft Rock under Disturbance Loads; Simplicial Indicator Kriging; Tephra Discovered in High Resolution Peat Sediment and Its Indication to Climatic Event.
The journal offers discussion of new theories, methods and discoveries; reports on recent achievements in the geosciences; and timely reviews of selected subjects.
- Founded in 1990 as Journal of China University of Geosciences, now expanding in scope and coverage
- Offers peer-reviewed international coverage of geology and related technology
- Discusses new theories and methods, recent achievements and timely reviews
- Xulong Lai
- Publishing model
- Hybrid. Open Choice – What is this?
- Impact factor: 1.784 (2018)
- Five year impact factor: 1.536 (2018)
- Downloads: 26,194 (2018)