Statistics in Biosciences (SIBS) is published three times a year in print and electronic form. It aims at development and application of statistical methods and their interface with other quantitative methods, such as computational and mathematical methods, in biological and life science, health science, and biopharmaceutical and biotechnological science.
SIBS publishes scientific papers and review articles in four sections, with the first two sections as the primary sections. Original Articles publish novel statistical and quantitative methods in biosciences. The Bioscience Case Studies and Practice Articles publish papers that advance statistical practice in biosciences, such as case studies, innovative applications of existing methods that further understanding of subject-matter science, evaluation of existing methods and data sources. Review Articles publish papers that review an area of statistical and quantitative methodology, software, and data sources in biosciences. Commentaries provide perspectives of research topics or policy issues that are of current quantitative interest in biosciences, reactions to an article published in the journal, and scholarly essays. Substantive science is essential in motivating and demonstrating the methodological development and use for an article to be acceptable. Articles published in SIB share the goal of promoting evidence-based real world practice and policy making through effective and timely interaction and communication of statisticians and quantitative researchers with subject-matter scientists in biosciences.
- Presents development of statistical methods in quantitative biosciences
- Covers important data applications of statistical methods or computational algorithms
- Emphasized areas are statistics for health/life sciences, biomarkers and precision medicine, neuroimaging statistics, big or high-dimensional data, genetics/genomics statistics, statistical methods and designs for clinical trials
- Hongzhe Li,
- Joan Hu
- Publishing model
- Hybrid (Transformative Journal). Learn about publishing Open Access with us
- 89 days
- Submission to first decision
- 344 days
- Submission to acceptance
- 28,929 (2020)
Authors (first, second and last of 4)
Augmenting Both Arms of a Randomized Controlled Trial Using External Data: An Application of the Propensity Score-Integrated Approaches
Authors (first, second and last of 8)
Discriminatory Capacity of Prenatal Ultrasound Measures for Large-for-Gestational-Age Birth: A Bayesian Approach to ROC Analysis Using Placement Values
Statistics in Biosciences is proud to announce the winners of the journal's Best Paper Awards.
Statistics in Biosciences highlights some of the recent top cited papers from the journal.
Statistics in BIosciences is indexed by Scopus and has a CiteScore of 1.5 for 2020.
For more information about the International Chinese Statistical Association, please visit the society's website.
Societies, partners and affiliations
About this journal
- Electronic ISSN
- Print ISSN
- Abstracted and indexed in
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- Emerging Sources Citation Index
- Google Scholar
- Japanese Science and Technology Agency (JST)
- OCLC WorldCat Discovery Service
- ProQuest Biological Science Database
- ProQuest Central
- ProQuest Engineering
- ProQuest Materials Science and Engineering Database
- ProQuest Natural Science Collection
- ProQuest SciTech Premium Collection
- ProQuest Technology Collection
- ProQuest-ExLibris Primo
- ProQuest-ExLibris Summon
- Research Papers in Economics (RePEc)
- TD Net Discovery Service
- UGC-CARE List (India)