Statistics in Biosciences (SIB) is published twice a year in print and electronic form. It aims at development and application of statistical methods and their interface with other quantitative methods, such as computational and mathematical methods, in biological and life science, health science, and biopharmaceutical and biotechnological science.
SIB publishes scientific papers and review articles in four sections, with the first two sections as the primary sections. Original Articles publish novel statistical and quantitative methods in biosciences. The Bioscience Case Studies and Practice Articles publish papers that advance statistical practice in biosciences, such as case studies, innovative applications of existing methods that further understanding of subject-matter science, evaluation of existing methods and data sources. Review Articles publish papers that review an area of statistical and quantitative methodology, software, and data sources in biosciences. Commentaries provide perspectives of research topics or policy issues that are of current quantitative interest in biosciences, reactions to an article published in the journal, and scholarly essays. Substantive science is essential in motivating and demonstrating the methodological development and use for an article to be acceptable. Articles published in SIB share the goal of promoting evidence-based real world practice and policy making through effective and timely interaction and communication of statisticians and quantitative researchers with subject-matter scientists in biosciences.
- Presents development of statistical methods in quantitative biosciences
- Covers important data applications of statistical methods or computational algorithms
- Emphasized areas are statistics for health/life sciences, biomarkers and precision medicine, neuroimaging statistics, big or high-dimensional data, genetics/genomics statistics, statistical methods and designs for clinical trials
- Hongzhe Li,
- Mei-Cheng Wang
- Publishing model
- Hybrid. Open Access options available
- 120 days
- Submission to first decision
- 338 days
- Submission to acceptance
- 14,903 (2018)