Health and Technology is the first truly cross-disciplinary journal on issues related to health technologies addressing all professions relating to health, care and health technology.
The journal constitutes an information platform connecting medical technology and informatics with the needs of care, health care professionals and patients. Thus, medical physicists and biomedical/clinical engineers are encouraged to write articles not only for their colleagues, but directed to all other groups of readers as well, and vice versa.
By its nature, the journal presents and discusses hot subjects including but not limited to patient safety, patient empowerment, disease surveillance and management, e-health and issues concerning data security, privacy, reliability and management, data mining and knowledge exchange as well as health prevention. The journal also addresses the medical, financial, social, educational and safety aspects of health technologies as well as health technology assessment and management, including issues such security, efficacy, cost in comparison to the benefit, as well as social, legal and ethical implications.
This journal is a communicative source for the health work force (physicians, nurses, medical physicists, clinical engineers, biomedical engineers, hospital engineers, etc.), the ministries of health, hospital management, self-employed doctors, health care providers and regulatory agencies, the medical technology industry, patients' associations, universities (biomedical and clinical engineering, medical physics, medical informatics, biology, medicine and public health as well as health economics programs), research institutes and professional, scientific and technical organizations.
Health and Technology is jointly published by Springer and the IUPESM (International Union for Physical and Engineering Sciences in Medicine) in cooperation with the World Health Organization.
- First truly cross-disciplinary journal for the professional groups involved into health technologies
- Medical and scientific research professionals write articles not only for their colleagues, but directed to all other groups of readers as well, and vice versa.
- Official Journal of the IUPSEM (International Union for Physical and Engineering Sciences in Medicine)
- Magdalena Stoeva
- Publishing model
- Hybrid. Open Access options available
- 239 days
- Submission to first decision
- 245 days
- Submission to acceptance
- 74,772 (2018)
Epileptic seizure detection using constrained singular spectrum analysis and 1D-local binary patterns
Assessing the suitability of smart technology applications for e-health using a judgment-decomposition analytic hierarchy process approach
Authors (first, second and last of 6)
Enjoy free access to this selection of key articles from the journal by the Editor-in-Chief of Health and Technology.
Societies, partners and affiliations
- Note this is only the net price. Taxes will be calculated during checkout.
- Immediate online access
- Full Journal access includes all articles
- Downloadable in PDF
- Subscription expires 12/31/2020
About this journal
- Electronic ISSN
- Print ISSN
- Abstracted and indexed in
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- Emerging Sources Citation Index
- Google Scholar
- INIS Atomindex
- Institute of Scientific and Technical Information of China
- Japanese Science and Technology Agency (JST)
- OCLC WorldCat Discovery Service
- ProQuest Advanced Technologies & Aerospace Database
- ProQuest Central
- ProQuest SciTech Premium Collection
- ProQuest Technology Collection
- ProQuest-ExLibris Primo
- ProQuest-ExLibris Summon
- WTI Frankfurt eG