Biophysical Reviews publishes critical and timely reviews from key figures in the field of biophysics. Interested authors are encouraged to discuss the possibility of contributing a review with the Editor-in-Chief. Biophysical Reviews covers the entire field of biophysics, generally defined as the science of describing and defining biological phenomenon using the concepts and the techniques of physics. This includes but is not limited by such areas as bioinformatics, biophysical methods and instrumentation, medical biophysics, biosystems, cell biophysics and organisation, macromolecules: dynamics, structures and interactions, and membrane biophysics, channels and transportation.
Biophysical Reviews mainly targets basic research scientist, but as a number of reviews also have a strong link to medicine, the material is also likely to be of relevant to clinicians with an interest in the biophysical basis of diseases, treatments and interventions. Students of biophysics and the biomedical sciences will also find the reviews useful as they present in depth analyses of important topics.
- Publishes critical and timely reviews
- Covers all areas of biophysics
- Official Journal of the "International Union for Pure and Applied Biophysics"
- Damien Hall,
- Damien Hall
- Publishing model
- Hybrid. Learn about publishing OA with us
- 32 days
- Submission to first decision
- 30 days
- Submission to acceptance
- 121,727 (2019)
Authors (first, second and last of 4)
As a result of the significant disruption that is being caused by the COVID-19 pandemic we are very aware that many researchers will have difficulty in meeting the timelines associated with our peer review process during normal times. Please do let us know if you need additional time. Our systems will continue to remind you of the original timelines but we intend to be highly flexible at this time.
INTERNATIONAL UNION FOR PURE AND APPLIED BIOPHYSICS
The International Union for Pure and Applied Biophysics (IUPAB) is a member of the ICSU (International Council for Science) family. Affiliated to it are the national adhering bodies of 50 countries. Its function is to support research and teaching in biophysics. Its principal regular activity is the triennial International Congresses and General Assemblies.
IUPAB and Springer launched the journal "Biophysical Reviews" in 2009.
Follow Biophysical Reviews on Twitter
Societies, partners and affiliations
About this journal
- Electronic ISSN
- Abstracted and indexed in
- Chemical Abstracts Service (CAS)
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- Google Scholar
- INIS Atomindex
- Institute of Scientific and Technical Information of China
- Japanese Science and Technology Agency (JST)
- OCLC WorldCat Discovery Service
- ProQuest Advanced Technologies & Aerospace Database
- ProQuest Biological Science Database
- ProQuest Central
- ProQuest Natural Science Collection
- ProQuest SciTech Premium Collection
- ProQuest Technology Collection
- ProQuest-ExLibris Primo
- ProQuest-ExLibris Summon
- TD Net Discovery Service
- UGC-CARE List (India)
- WTI Frankfurt eG