From Senckenbergiana to Palaeobiodiversity and Palaeoenvironments
In 2020 the journal celebrated its 100th anniversary.
Click on Journal updates in the menu above and read the Editor-in-Chief’s Editorial describing the history and development of the journal and its subject area.
Palaeobiodiversity and Palaeoenvironments is an international journal providing a multidisciplinary approach in the fields of Palaeobiodiversity, Palaeoenvironments, and Palaeobiogeography in Earth History. It is a relaunch of the well-known "Senckenbergiana lethaea" and incorporates peer-reviewed original research, review papers and short notes spanning a broad scope of subject matter. Its principal fields of interest are biodiversity of fossil organisms and their palaeoenvironment, comparison of modern and ancient sedimentary environments, palaeoecology, and palaeobiogeography.
Coverage includes systematic studies of all fossil animal / plant groups with a special focus on palaeoenvironmental investigations; palaeoecosystems and climate changes in Earth's history; environment-organism interaction; comparison of modern and ancient sedimentary environments; palaeoecology and palaeobiogeography.
Please note: The journal uses software to screen submitted manuscripts for plagiarism.
Why publish in Paleobiodiversity and Palaeoenvironments
- The journal’s diverse and international editorial board includes representation across many sub-specialties of research
- The journal welcomes authors to collaborate and contribute to special topical collections and supplements for consideration
- PBPE is the official journal of the Senckenberg Institute and welcomes original submissions from all regions of the world
- The journal is pleased to announce that its 2019 impact factor is 1.573 and it is ranked in two Clarivate categories: Biodiversity Conservation and Paleontology
- Peter Königshof
- Publishing model
- Hybrid (Transformative Journal). Learn about publishing Open Access with us
- 1.573 (2019)
- Impact factor
- 1.567 (2019)
- Five year impact factor
- 76 days
- Submission to first decision
- 224 days
- Submission to acceptance
- 47,303 (2020)
Fossil frogs from the early Campanian of West Texas, USA, with comments on Late Cretaceous anuran diversity in southern Laramidia
Richness of Famennian-Tournaisian (late Devonian-early Carboniferous) bryozoans in shallow areas of Palaeotethys and Palaeoasian oceans
Click here to view all recently published and forthcoming Special Issues.
Read the Editor-in-Chief's Editorial and Senckenberg's press release
Congratulations to the Editor-in-Chief Dr. Peter Königshof and the Managing Editor Dr. Sinje Weber!
Societies, partners and affiliations
About this journal
- Electronic ISSN
- Print ISSN
- Abstracted and indexed in
- Biological Abstracts
- CAB Abstracts
- Current Contents/ Agriculture, Biology & Environmental Sciences
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- Google Scholar
- Institute of Scientific and Technical Information of China
- Japanese Science and Technology Agency (JST)
- Journal Citation Reports/Science Edition
- OCLC WorldCat Discovery Service
- ProQuest Aquatic Sciences and Fisheries Abstracts (ASFA)
- ProQuest Central
- ProQuest Earth, Atmospheric & Aquatic Science Database
- ProQuest Natural Science Collection
- ProQuest SciTech Premium Collection
- ProQuest-ExLibris Primo
- ProQuest-ExLibris Summon
- Science Citation Index Expanded (SciSearch)
- Semantic Scholar
- TD Net Discovery Service
- UGC-CARE List (India)
- Zoological Record