Aims and scope
Exposure & Health (until 2015, Vol. 7, Issue 4 the name of the journal was Water Quality, Exposure and Health) is a multidisciplinary journal that focuses on global human health consequences of exposure to pollution though terrestrial environmental vectors such as food, water, air and soil/dust derived from contaminants resident in either in man-made (i.e. agronomic, industrial and urban) or natural/semi-natural environments.
This journal is interested in any trophic transfer step that leads to human contaminant exposure, such as residue levels in matrices that humans are exposed to, through to direct measurements of human exposure(s) through contaminant residue or biomarkers in human tissues (i.e. tissues and bloods), and subsequent links to health.
The journal provides a unique platform for scientists in this field to exchange ideas and share information on research for the solution of health effects of exposure to pollutants. The journal publishes original research articles and integrative reviews that are relevant to this theme.
The subject areas and scientific fields that are included to the journal are as follows:
*Analytical and detection technologies and approaches in contaminant and biomarker analysis
* Biogeochemical sciences
* Health sciences
* Exposure analysis and Epidemiology
* Social sciences and public policy
* Mathematical, numerical and statistical methods
* Experimental, data collection and data analysis methods
The following research areas will be highlighted within the scope of the journal:
* Local, regional and global pollution, exposure and health problems
* Health risk analysis of pollution, methods of quantification and analysis of risk under uncertainty
* Biogeochemical processes in natural, agronomic, urban and industrial ecosystems and health effects
* Statistical and stochastic analysis of pollution, exposure and health data
* Analytical and numerical methods in exposure analysis of pollution
* Endocrine disruptors, pathogens, microbes, chemicals and manufactured materials and exposure health effects
* Biomarker exposure analysis and health outcome
* Health effects of contamination related environmental disasters
* Exposure-Dose reconstruction methods and applications
* Multi-pathway and multi-species pollution and exposure pathway analysis
* Pollution exposure monitoring and epidemiology
* Social policy and health communication topics related to pollution and exposure
* Systems management topics in pollution, exposure and health.