SELECTED FOR COVERAGE IN:
- Social Sciences Citation Index®/Social Scisearch®
- Current Contents®/Social and Behavioral Sciences
- Journal Citation Reports/ Social Sciences Edition
School Mental Health: A Multidisciplinary Research and Practice Journal is a forum for the latest research related to prevention, treatment, and assessment practices that are associated with the pre-K to 12th-grade education system and focuses on children and adolescents with emotional and behavioral disorders. The journal welcomes empirical studies, quantitative and qualitative research, and systematic and scoping review articles from authors representing the many disciplines that are involved in school mental health, including child and school psychology, education, pediatrics, child and adolescent psychiatry, developmental psychology, school counseling, social work and nursing.
Coverage in School Mental Health includes: innovative school-based treatment practices; training procedures; educational techniques for children with emotional and behavioral disorders; racial, ethnic, and cultural issues; and the role of families in school mental health.
- The latest research related to prevention, education, and treatment practices that target the emotional and behavioral health of children in the education system.
- Publishes empirical studies, theoretical papers, and review articles.
- Includes the work of authors from the wide range of areas involved in school mental health, including: education, pediatrics, psychiatry, psychology, counseling, social work and nursing.
- Steven Evans
- Publishing model
- Hybrid (Transformative Journal). Learn about publishing Open Access with us
- 1.913 (2019)
- Impact factor
- 3.007 (2019)
- Five year impact factor
- 56 days
- Submission to first decision
- 186 days
- Submission to acceptance
- 170,363 (2020)
Evaluating the Effectiveness of a Statewide School-Based Behavioral Health Program for Rural and Urban Elementary-Aged Students
Authors (first, second and last of 7)
Bidirectional Associations Between School Connectedness and Mental Health Problems in Early Adolescence: A Cross-Lagged Model
Authors (first, second and last of 5)
Longitudinal Associations Between School Engagement and Bullying Victimization in School and Cyberspace in Hong Kong: Latent Variables and an Autoregressive Cross-Lagged Panel Study
Pupil Mental Health, Concerns and Expectations About Secondary School as Predictors of Adjustment Across the Transition to Secondary School: A Longitudinal Multi-informant Study
Authors (first, second and last of 8)
As a result of the significant disruption that is being caused by the COVID-19 pandemic we are very aware that many researchers will have difficulty in meeting the timelines associated with our peer review process during normal times. Please do let us know if you need additional time. Our systems will continue to remind you of the original timelines but we intend to be highly flexible at this time.
Read more here about why publishing in School Mental Health is right for you!
About this journal
- Electronic ISSN
- Print ISSN
- Abstracted and indexed in
- Current Contents / Social & Behavioral Sciences
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- Google Scholar
- Institute of Scientific and Technical Information of China
- Japanese Science and Technology Agency (JST)
- Journal Citation Reports/Social Sciences Edition
- OCLC WorldCat Discovery Service
- ProQuest Central
- ProQuest Education Database
- ProQuest Social Science Collection
- ProQuest-ExLibris Primo
- ProQuest-ExLibris Summon
- Social Science Citation Index
- TD Net Discovery Service
- UGC-CARE List (India)