The primary mission of the Indian Journal of Clinical Biochemistry is to serve the public interest in health care by providing leadership in clinical laboratory science to national professional societies, the diagnostics industry, government and non-government organizations. The journal also acts as an interdisciplinary bridge between various areas of medicine. It covers laboratory accreditation programmes pertaining to health and disease.
This is the official journal of the Association of Clinical Biochemists of India.
The editor-in-chief assigns manuscripts to managing editors for initial evaluation to check suitability as per journal guidelines. Following this preliminary check, Editor in Chief may either reject manuscripts or send them for review. Those warranting review are then assigned to associate and assistant editors, to oversee the review process before submitting their recommendation to the Editor in Chief for final approval. Single-blind peer review process is followed to evaluate the suitability of an article submitted for publication. Two to three reviewers are selected from the pool of reviewers maintained in journal database, PubMed database and online resources. Post review, corresponding author is provided with the decision which may include acceptance, rejection and major or minor revisions. If revisions are needed, corresponding author is given appropriate time to revise and resubmit the manuscript, which is again subject to review to ensure that manuscript meets the requisite standards of the journal before being accepted for publication.
- It is the oldest National journal in the field of Clinical Biochemistry and with increasing international recognition from Asia pacific regions and rest of the world.
- No article processing charges or hidden publication fees.
- Praveen Sharma
- Publishing model
- Hybrid. Learn about publishing OA with us
- 30 days
- Submission to first decision
- 132 days
- Submission to acceptance
- 47,216 (2019)
Authors (first, second and last of 4)
Audit of the Prevalence of Noncorrelation of Immunofixation with Protein Electrophoresis and Serum Free Light Chain Assays in Multiple Myeloma in a Tertiary Cancer Care Center
Authors (first, second and last of 6)
Authors (first, second and last of 7)
As a result of the significant disruption that is being caused by the COVID-19 pandemic we are very aware that many researchers will have difficulty in meeting the timelines associated with our peer review process during normal times. Please do let us know if you need additional time. Our systems will continue to remind you of the original timelines but we intend to be highly flexible at this time.
About this journal
- Electronic ISSN
- Print ISSN
- Co-Publisher information
- Co-publication with the Association of Clinical Biochemists of India
- Abstracted and indexed in
- Chemical Abstracts Service (CAS)
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- Elsevier Biobase
- Emerging Sources Citation Index
- Google Scholar
- Institute of Scientific and Technical Information of China
- Japanese Science and Technology Agency (JST)
- OCLC WorldCat Discovery Service
- ProQuest Biological Science Database
- ProQuest Central
- ProQuest India Database
- ProQuest Natural Science Collection
- ProQuest Pharma Collection
- ProQuest SciTech Premium Collection
- ProQuest Science Database
- ProQuest-ExLibris Primo
- ProQuest-ExLibris Summon
- TD Net Discovery Service
- UGC-CARE List (India)