The International Journal of Material Forming is the official Journal of the European Scientific Association for material FORMing (ESAFORM) (www.esaform.org).
The Journal publishes and disseminates original research in the field of material forming. The research should constitute major achievements in the understanding, modeling or simulation of material forming processes. In this respect ‘forming’ implies a deliberate deformation of material.
The journal establishes a platform of communication between engineers and scientists, covering all forming processes, including sheet forming, bulk forming, powder forming, forming in near-melt conditions (injection moulding, thixoforming, film blowing etc.), micro-forming, hydro-forming, thermo-forming, incremental forming etc. Other manufacturing technologies like machining and cutting can be included if the focus of the work is on plastic deformations.
All materials (metals, ceramics, polymers, composites, glass, wood, fibre reinforced materials, materials in food processing, biomaterials, nano-materials, shape memory alloys etc.) and approaches (micro-macro modelling, thermo-mechanical modelling, numerical simulation including new and advanced numerical strategies, experimental analysis, inverse analysis, model identification, optimization, design and control of forming tools and machines, wear and friction, mechanical behavior and formability of materials etc.) are concerned.
Papers should describe new forming processes, experiments, models or modelling techniques, related to forming or the relation between process conditions and product properties. In general, simulation results should be validated by experiments unless the focus is purely on novel modelling techniques. New models or modelling techniques should have a broad applicability in forming simulations and should not be restricted to one particular shape.
Results of analytical or numerical models that are not translated into new knowledge or are not supported by experimental validation will not be accepted. Similarly, submissions that describe experimental results without thorough evaluation and conclusion and thus not leading to new knowledge, will be rejected. The relevance for forming technologies and the novelty of the work should be clearly described in the abstract.
- Forum where the entire community of material forming can discuss developments
- Wide range of topics – all materials, processes, scales and approaches are treated
- Where science meets technology: the journal deals with theory and practice, research and application
- A dialogue is established between models and experiments from simulation developing processes for engineered materials
- Of key importance for the future of manufacturing
- Transformation from raw material to functional parts explored
- Francisco CHINESTA
- Publishing model
- Hybrid (Transformative Journal). Learn about publishing Open Access with us
- 1.634 (2019)
- Impact factor
- 1.713 (2019)
- Five year impact factor
- 40 days
- Submission to first decision
- 157 days
- Submission to acceptance
- 93,223 (2020)
Authors (first, second and last of 5)
Mechanical characterization of glass and jute fiber-based hybrid composites fabricated through compression molding technique
Authors (first, second and last of 4)
Authors (first, second and last of 4)
Authors (first, second and last of 8)
As a result of the significant disruption that is being caused by the COVID-19 pandemic we are very aware that many researchers will have difficulty in meeting the timelines associated with our peer review process during normal times. Please do let us know if you need additional time. Our systems will continue to remind you of the original timelines but we intend to be highly flexible at this time.
Springer Engineering is on Facebook and Twitter. Follow us and keep up to date with the latest journal news, research highlights, and more.
Societies, partners and affiliations
About this journal
- Electronic ISSN
- Print ISSN
- Abstracted and indexed in
- BFI List
- Current Contents/Engineering, Computing and Technology
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- EI Compendex
- Google Scholar
- INIS Atomindex
- Institute of Scientific and Technical Information of China
- Japanese Science and Technology Agency (JST)
- Journal Citation Reports/Science Edition
- Norwegian Register for Scientific Journals and Series
- OCLC WorldCat Discovery Service
- ProQuest Central
- ProQuest Materials Science and Engineering Database
- ProQuest SciTech Premium Collection
- ProQuest Technology Collection
- ProQuest-ExLibris Primo
- ProQuest-ExLibris Summon
- Science Citation Index Expanded (SciSearch)
- TD Net Discovery Service
- UGC-CARE List (India)
- WTI Frankfurt eG