The official journal of the Japanese Breast Cancer Society, Breast Cancer publishes articles that contribute to progress in the field, in basic or translational research and also in clinical research. It develops a new focus and new perspectives for all who are concerned with breast cancer.
Breast Cancer presents original articles describing clinical, epidemiological studies and laboratory investigations regarding breast cancer and related diseases. It features editorials, review articles, original articles, case reports, and short papers. The journal provides the best of up-to-date information on breast cancer, presenting readers with high-impact, original work focusing on pivotal issues.
- The official journal of the Japanese Breast Cancer Society
- Contributes to progress in the field, in basic or translational research and also in clinical research
- Develops a new focus and new perspectives for all who are concerned with breast cancer
- Yasuo Miyoshi
- Publishing model
- Hybrid. Open Access options available
- 2.044 (2018)
- Impact factor
- 1.836 (2018)
- Five year impact factor
- 37 days
- Submission to first decision
- 125 days
- Submission to acceptance
- 113,727 (2019)
Breast-conserving surgery with intraoperative radiotherapy in recurrent breast cancer: the patient’s perspective
Authors (first, second and last of 7)
An investigation into socio-demographic-, health-, and cancer-related factors associated with cortisol and C-reactive protein levels in breast cancer survivors: a longitudinal study
Authors (first, second and last of 4)
The comparison of the anatomic stage and pathological prognostic stage according to the AJCC 8th edition for the prognosis in Japanese breast cancer patients: data from a single institution
Authors (first, second and last of 12)
Targeting of antitumor ımmune responses with live-attenuated Leishmania strains in breast cancer model
Authors (first, second and last of 12)
As a result of the significant disruption that is being caused by the COVID-19 pandemic we are very aware that many researchers will have difficulty in meeting the timelines associated with our peer review process during normal times. Please do let us know if you need additional time. Our systems will continue to remind you of the original timelines but we intend to be highly flexible at this time.
2019 Best of Breast Cancer winners
The JBCS editorial committee has selected the following as the most influential articles from Breast Cancer:
- Coexistence of regulatory B cells and regulatory T cells in tumor-infiltrating lymphocyte aggregates is a prognostic factor in patients with breast cancer.
- Reproductive history and breast cancer survival: a prospective patient cohort study in Japan.
- The clinical impact of MRI screening for BRCA mutation carriers: the first report in Japan.
- Does breast cancer growth rate really depend on tumor subtype? Measurement of tumor doubling time using serial ultrasonography between diagnosis and surgery.
- A novel nipple–areola complex involvement predictive index for indicating nipple-sparing mastectomy in breast cancer patients.
- Breast cancer cell motility is promoted by 14-3-3γ
- Chemotherapy-induced peripheral neuropathy in breast cancer patients treated with eribulin: interim data from a post-marketing observational study.
- Tumor microenvironmental growth factors induce long-term estrogen deprivation resistance in breast cancer.
- PIM1 is responsible for IL-6-induced breast cancer cell EMT and stemness via c-myc activation.
- Gene expression profile of peripheral blood mononuclear cells may contribute to the identification and immunological classification of breast cancer patients.
Societies, partners and affiliations
About this journal
- Electronic ISSN
- Print ISSN
- Abstracted and indexed in
- Current Contents/Clinical Medicine
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- Gale Academic OneFile
- Google Scholar
- INIS Atomindex
- Institute of Scientific and Technical Information of China
- Japanese Science and Technology Agency (JST)
- Journal Citation Reports/Science Edition
- OCLC WorldCat Discovery Service
- ProQuest-ExLibris Primo
- ProQuest-ExLibris Summon
- Science Citation Index Expanded (SciSearch)
- Semantic Scholar