Numerical Analysis and Applications is the translation of the Russian periodical Sibirskii Zhurnal Vychislitel'noi Matematiki (Siberian Journal on Numerical Mathematics) published by the Publishing House of the Siberian Branch of the Russian Academy of Sciences since 1998.
The aim of this journal is to provide the results of Research in numerical analysis applications to various fields of science and engineering.
The main topics of the journal are
- Theory and practice of computational methods, mathematical physics, and other applied fields;
- Mathematical models of elasticity theory, hydrodynamics, fluid dynamics, and geophysics;
- Parallelizing of algorithms;
- Models and methods of bioinformatics.PEER REVIEW
Numerical Analysis and Applications is a peer reviewed journal. We use a single blind peer review format. Our team of reviewers includes 94 experts, both internal and external (76%), from 12 countries. The average period from submission to first decision in 2019 was 60 days, and that from first decision to acceptance was 45 days. The rejection rate for submitted manuscripts in 2019 was 43%. The final decision on the acceptance of an article for publication is made by the Editor-in-Chief.
Any invited reviewer who feels unqualified or unable to review the manuscript due to the conflict of interests should promptly notify the editors and decline the invitation. Reviewers should formulate their statements clearly in a sound and reasoned way so that authors can use reviewer’s arguments to improve the manuscript. Personal criticism of the authors must be avoided. Reviewers should indicate in a review (i) any relevant published work that has not been cited by the authors, (ii) anything that has been reported in previous publications and not given appropriate reference or citation, (ii) any substantial similarity or overlap with any other manuscript (published or unpublished) of which they have personal knowledge.
- Numerical Analysis and Applications exists for the discussion and dissemination of algorithms and computational methods in mathematics, mathematical physics, and other applied fields. The emphasis should be on mathematical models and new computational methods, or the application of existing methods in a novel way. Whereas some papers are relevant to particular problems of elasticity theory, hydrodynamics, fluid dynamics, and geophysics, others form the basis for further developments in the area of study.
- Sergey I. Kabanikhin
- Publishing model
- 3,624 (2020)
Authors (first, second and last of 4)
Sensitivity of Functionals of Solution to a Variational Data Assimilation Problem with Simultaneous Reconstruction of Heat Fluxes and Initial State for a Sea Thermodynamics Model
Authors (first, second and last of 6)
About this journal
- Electronic ISSN
- Print ISSN
- Abstracted and indexed in
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- EI Compendex
- Emerging Sources Citation Index
- Google Scholar
- Institute of Scientific and Technical Information of China
- Japanese Science and Technology Agency (JST)
- Mathematical Reviews
- OCLC WorldCat Discovery Service
- ProQuest Central
- ProQuest Engineering
- ProQuest Materials Science and Engineering Database
- ProQuest SciTech Premium Collection
- ProQuest Technology Collection
- ProQuest-ExLibris Primo
- ProQuest-ExLibris Summon
- TD Net Discovery Service
- UGC-CARE List (India)