KSCE Special Issues
Call for Proposals - 2023 Special Issue
The KSCE Journal of Civil Engineering invites proposals for a Special Issue on a theme related to all areas of the Journal. Special issues are designed to provide a state-of-the-art on a specific theme, share new perspective ideas, and initiate discussion on the latest topical subjects. Details regarding the preparation of the proposals are as follows.
Proposals begin as short written proposals (up to 3 pages) which are considered by the Journal editors. Prospective researchers are encouraged to apply for Guest Editors with topical proposals for the Special Issue. Guest Editors are required to submit a Proposal Form summarizing the following information.
- Their Guest Editor team and their credentials
- The topic for the Special Issue
- The importance of the topic and reasons for having a Special Issue in our Journal
- The aim and scope for the Special Issue
- Prospective schedule
- Guest Editor’s CVs
- List of tentative paper titles and authors with affiliation
All submitted proposals will be reviewed and evaluated stringently by a committee composed by selective editorial members of the Journal. Primary criteria for the evaluation are as follows.
- Overall quality of the proposals for originality
- Completeness of proposal
- Recognition of the prospective Guest Editors
- Timeliness and coherence of topics
- Respect of due dates set in the timeline
Once selected, standard rigorous peer review procedure will be applied to the manuscripts submitted to special issues.
Tentative deadlines are summarized in the table below.
Call for Proposals
March 1 ~ September 30, 2021
Evaluation of Proposals
October 1 ~ 30, 2021
Conditional Acceptance Notification
November 1, 2021
Call for Papers
November 5, 2021 ~ May 5, 2022
Peer Review of Papers
May 5 ~ September 15, 2022
Final Decision of Accepted Papers
September 15, 2022
Acceptance of Print-Ready Papers
October 1, 2022
Publication of Special Issue
February 1, 2023