Radiological Physics and Technology covers multiple disciplines involved in basic research and clinical applications in radiological sciences. The multidisciplinary research in medical physics and radiological technology as well as the promotion of research efforts in new scientific fields will be facilitated by the journal's editorial policy, which will also aim to promote translational research in this field. Manuscripts submitted to Radiological Physics and Technology will be reviewed by editors and reviewers not only with an emphasis on scientific quality but also with an educational policy to encourage and nurture new investigators. Reviewers follow guidelines prepared by the Editor-in-Chief to provide comments that will assist authors who are nonnative English speakers, especially young researchers with little experience in publishing in English, to develop the competence in writing good scientific papers.
- Quarterly publication since 2017
- Provides an ideal forum for sharing new knowledge related to research and development in radiological science and technology
- Contributes to progress and improvement in medical practice and patient health care
- The official journal of the Japanese Society of Radiological Technology (JSRT) , the Japan Society of Medical Physics (JSMP) and the Asia-Oceania Federation of Organizations for Medical Physics (AFOMP)
- Kunio Doi
- Publishing model
- Hybrid (Transformative Journal). Learn about publishing Open Access with us
- 16 days
- Submission to first decision
- 169 days
- Submission to acceptance
- 55,776 (2020)
Evaluation of contrast and denoising effects related to imaging parameters of compressed sensitivity encoding in contrast-enhanced magnetic resonance imaging
Authors (first, second and last of 7)
Radiation exposure dose outside the irradiation field due to differences in pediatric head computed tomography scanning methods
Photon counting detectors and their applications ranging from particle physics experiments to environmental radiation monitoring and medical imaging
Apparent diffusion coefficient measurement using thin-slice diffusion-weighted magnetic resonance imaging: assessment of measurement errors and repeatability
Authors (first, second and last of 6)
As a result of the significant disruption that is being caused by the COVID-19 pandemic we are very aware that many researchers will have difficulty in meeting the timelines associated with our peer review process during normal times. Please do let us know if you need additional time. Our systems will continue to remind you of the original timelines but we intend to be highly flexible at this time.
News from the journal and societies (JSRT, JSMP and AFOMP) will be posted here.
(New!) AFOMP Journal Prize 2020 was awarded to the article by Prof. Masatoshi Saito (Radiol Phys Technol, Vol.12(1): 105-117, 2019).
Each year, Radiological Physics and Technology provides Doi Award to outstanding papers published in the previous year, and Most Citation Awards to the papers cited most frequently in the past three years (the year in which the paper was published and the following two years). Check out the award winning articles, as well as the journal’s highlighted articles (reviews).
On the cover of each volume of Radiological Physics and Technology features a prominent researcher in radiology. The beautiful covers of past and present volumes are provided in this section, together with the link to free-access Editorial articles regarding the featured researcher.
Societies, partners and affiliations
About this journal
- Electronic ISSN
- Print ISSN
- Abstracted and indexed in
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- Emerging Sources Citation Index
- Google Scholar
- INIS Atomindex
- Institute of Scientific and Technical Information of China
- Japanese Science and Technology Agency (JST)
- OCLC WorldCat Discovery Service
- ProQuest Advanced Technologies & Aerospace Database
- ProQuest Central
- ProQuest SciTech Premium Collection
- ProQuest Technology Collection
- ProQuest-ExLibris Primo
- ProQuest-ExLibris Summon
- Semantic Scholar
- TD Net Discovery Service
- UGC-CARE List (India)