This official journal of the Japanese Society of Hematology covers all aspects of the field of hematology, namely, erythrocytes, leukocytes and hematopoiesis, hemostasis, thrombosis and vascular biology, hematological malignancies, transplantation, and cell therapy.
The International Journal of Hematology (IJH) has a long history of publishing leading research in the field. It features articles that contribute to progress in research not only in basic hematology but also in clinical hematology. The expanded Progress in Hematology section integrates such relevant fields as the cell biology of stem cells and cancer cells, and clinical research in inflammation, cancer, and thrombosis. In addition, the journal includes reports on results of clinical trials, which help foster communication among researchers in the growing field of modern hematology.
The journal provides the best of up-to-date information on modern hematology, presenting readers with high-impact, original work focusing on pivotal issues.
Color figures are free.
Why publish with us
- As the official journal of the Japanese Society of Hematology, we cover all aspects of the field, including erythrocytes, leukocytes and hematopoiesis, hemostasis, thrombosis and vascular biology, hematological malignancies, transplantation, and cell therapy
- We welcome articles that contribute to progress in research, across basic and clinical hematology.
- Our 'Solicited Progress in Hematology' section integrates relevant fields including the cell biology of stem cells and cancer cells, plus clinical research into inflammation, cancer, and thrombosis.
- We deliver high levels of author satisfaction, with 97% of our published authors reporting that they would definitely or probably publish with us again.
- Akifumi Takaori-Kondo
- Publishing model
- 2.245 (2019)
- Impact factor
- 1.992 (2019)
- Five year impact factor
- 27 days
- Submission to first decision
- 110 days
- Submission to acceptance
- 338,734 (2019)
Autologous hematopoietic cell transplantation following high-dose cytarabine consolidation for core-binding factor-acute myeloid leukemia in first complete remission: a phase 2 prospective trial
Authors (first, second and last of 11)
Early central nervous system relapse of monomorphic epitheliotropic intestinal T-cell lymphoma after cord blood transplantation
Authors (first, second and last of 12)
Stanozolol improves the progression-free survival of patients with high-risk myelodysplastic syndrome after decitabine treatment
Authors (first, second and last of 12)
Phase 1 study of plerixafor in combination with total body irradiation-based myeloablative conditioning for allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplantation
Authors (first, second and last of 9)
The Japanese Society of Hematology was founded in 1937. The Society takes pride in being the second oldest hematological society in the world, next to the French Society of Hematology. The Society was approved as an incorporated association in 1990 by the Ministry of Education of Japan, with an official English language journal; International Journal of Hematology.
As a result of the significant disruption that is being caused by the COVID-19 pandemic we are very aware that many researchers will have difficulty in meeting the timelines associated with our peer review process during normal times. Please do let us know if you need additional time. Our systems will continue to remind you of the original timelines but we intend to be highly flexible at this time.
Editor’s Choice Article—Enjoy Free Access
Societies, partners and affiliations
About this journal
- Electronic ISSN
- Print ISSN
- Abstracted and indexed in
- Biological Abstracts
- CAB Abstracts
- Chemical Abstracts Service (CAS)
- Current Contents/Clinical Medicine
- EBSCO Biomedical Reference Collection
- EBSCO CINAHL
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- Elsevier Biobase
- Google Scholar
- Institute of Scientific and Technical Information of China
- Japanese Science and Technology Agency (JST)
- Journal Citation Reports/Science Edition
- OCLC WorldCat Discovery Service
- Pathway Studio
- ProQuest Agricultural & Environmental Science Database
- ProQuest Biological Science Database
- ProQuest Central
- ProQuest Environmental Science
- ProQuest Health & Medical Collection
- ProQuest Health Research Premium Collection
- ProQuest Immunology Abstracts
- ProQuest Industrial and Applied Microbiology Abstracts (Microbiology A)
- ProQuest Medical Database
- ProQuest Natural Science Collection
- ProQuest Nucleic Acids Abstracts
- ProQuest Nursing & Allied Health Database
- ProQuest Pharma Collection
- ProQuest SciTech Premium Collection
- ProQuest-ExLibris Primo
- ProQuest-ExLibris Summon
- Science Citation Index Expanded (SciSearch)
- Semantic Scholar
- TD Net Discovery Service
- UGC-CARE List (India)