Petroleum Science is a peer-reviewed open access journal published under the brand SpringerOpen. It is a journal on petroleum science and technology in the English edition, and enjoys the assistance of the Science & Technology Department of CNPC and three research institutes under the three major oil corporations, CNPC, Sinopec and CNOOC.
Petroleum Science is the only English journal in China on petroleum science and technology that is intended for professionals engaged in petroleum science research and technical applications all over the world, as well as the managerial personnel of oil companies. It covers petroleum geology, petroleum geophysics, petroleum engineering, petrochemistry & chemical engineering, petroleum mechanics and economic management. It aims to introduce the latest results in oil industry research in China, promote cooperation in petroleum science research between China and the rest of the world, and build a bridge for scientific communication between China and the world.
The publication costs are covered by China University of Petroleum so authors do not need to pay an article-processing charge.
The journal operates a double-blind peer-review system, where the reviewers do not know the names or affiliations of the authors and the reviewer reports provided to the authors are anonymous.
Petroleum Science became open access in 2015. All articles published by then are freely available online.
All articles published are made freely and permanently accessible online immediately upon publication, without subscription charges or registration barriers. Further information about open access can be found at https://www.springeropen.com/about/open-access.
As authors of articles published in Petroleum Science you are the copyright holders of your article and have granted to any third party, in advance and in perpetuity, the right to use, reproduce or disseminate your article, according to the SpringerOpen copyright and license agreement (https://www.springeropen.com/get-published/copyright/copyright-and-license-agreement).
For those of you who are US government employees or are prevented from being copyright holders for similar reasons, SpringerOpen can accommodate non-standard copyright lines. Please contact email@example.com if further information is needed.
- Encourages communication of novel and significant research results across the entire spectrum of petroleum sciences
- Includes original research papers, review articles and research notes
- Builds a bridge for scientific communication between China and the world
- Lizhi Xiao
- Publishing model
- Open Access. Learn about publishing OA with us
- 2.096 (2019)
- Impact factor
- 2.034 (2019)
- Five year impact factor
- 393,348 (2020)
Authors (first, second and last of 11)
Quantitative evaluation of geological fluid evolution and accumulated mechanism: in case of tight sandstone gas field in central Sichuan Basin
Authors (first, second and last of 8)
Effective source rock selection and oil–source correlation in the Western Slope of the northern Songliao Basin, China
Authors (first, second and last of 5)
Ensemble-based optimization of hydraulically fractured horizontal well placement in shale gas reservoir through Hough transform parameterization
Authors (first, second and last of 5)
Societies, partners and affiliations
About this journal
- Electronic ISSN
- Print ISSN
- Abstracted and indexed in
- Chemical Abstracts Service (CAS)
- Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS) - GoOA
- Chinese Science Citation Database
- EBSCO Business Source
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- EBSCO Energy & Power Source
- Google Scholar
- INIS Atomindex
- Institute of Scientific and Technical Information of China
- Journal Citation Reports/Science Edition
- OCLC WorldCat Discovery Service
- ProQuest Aquatic Sciences and Fisheries Abstracts (ASFA)
- ProQuest Central
- ProQuest Earth, Atmospheric & Aquatic Science Database
- ProQuest Engineering
- ProQuest Materials Science and Engineering Database
- ProQuest Natural Science Collection
- ProQuest Oceanic Abstracts
- ProQuest SciTech Premium Collection
- ProQuest Technology Collection
- ProQuest-ExLibris Primo
- ProQuest-ExLibris Summon
- Science Citation Index Expanded (SciSearch)
- Semantic Scholar
- TD Net Discovery Service
- UGC-CARE List (India)