This journal is devoted to publishing the highest quality innovative papers in the fields of biochemistry and biotechnology. The typical focus of the journal is to report applications of novel scientific and technological breakthroughs, as well as technological subjects that are still in the proof-of-concept stage. Applied Biochemistry and Biotechnology provides a forum for case studies and practical concepts of biotechnology, utilization, including controls, statistical data analysis, problem descriptions unique to a particular application, and bioprocess economic analyses. The journal publishes reviews deemed of interest to readers, as well as book reviews, meeting and symposia notices, and news items relating to biotechnology in both the industrial and academic communities.
In addition, Applied Biochemistry and Biotechnology often publishes lists of patents and publications of special interest to readers.
- Publishes innovative original research in biochemistry and biotechnology
- Includes reports of technological subjects in the proof-of-concept stage
- Provides a forum for case studies, reviews, news items and more
- 97% of authors who answered a survey reported that they would definitely publish or probably publish in the journal again
- Jonathan Sachs
- Publishing model
- Hybrid. Open Access options available.
- 2.140 (2018)
- Impact factor
- 2.094 (2018)
- Five year impact factor
- 37 days
- Submission to first decision
- 372,574 (2018)