Call for Papers: Special Issue on Nanotechnology in Design and Green Manufacturing for Medical Industry
Single-use and disposable medical devices are a noticeable issue and a global concern. Devices utilized in the medical industry have been given significant importance since hospitals, governments are aiming to attain a reliable and sustainable solution. More challenges persist and medical manufacturing industries ought to implement necessary steps to follow the environmental standard for sustainability - nanotechnology paves the way for it.
Nanotechnology greatly supports design and green manufacturing and provides innovative applications for dealing with multiple complications in the medical industry including surgical instruments, regenerative medicine, vaccine improvement, and targeted drug delivery etc., Advancing sustainable medical products with nanotechnology is in demand for securing patients, and healthcare professionals from infections.
The following topics are of special interest:
- Nanotechnology-based design and development of new products for managing health system
- Design with nanotechnology to green surgical equipment production
- Prospect and challenges of evolving nanotechnology-based design for sustainability
- Novel design and strategic production planning based on nanotechnology for managing product life cycle
- Evolving nanotechnology techniques and application of green design and manufacturing for the medical industry
- State-of-the-art developments in nanotechnology-based manufacturing with sustainable architecture
- Impacts of advanced design of polymeric and biodegradable nano-bio materials in healthcare applications
- Additive manufacturing and nanotechnology for drug delivery systems
- Systemic design with nanotechnology and green procurement for medical manufacturing
- Supply chain management with resilience in medical manufacturing for performance improvement
- Obstacles in implementing green nanomanufacturing and mitigating toxicity and environmental risks
The format for the full article submission is available at: https://www.springer.com/journal/12008/submission-guidelines.
Manuscript submission deadline: September 30th, 2022
Dr. Juan Vicente Capella Hernandez, Universidad Politecnica de Valencia, Spain
Dr. Mahasweta Sarkar, San Diego State University, USA