The main sections of the journal are coal, coke, chemistry and environmental protection. Subjects covered are:
- Coal analysis and beneficiation for coking
- Coke production and quality improvement: oven design, feedstock formulas, composition control
- Coal and coke chemistry: by-products, tar extracts, additives, utilization
- Metallurgical applications
- Environmental protection: clean technologies, effluent treatment
- Equipment and machinery for the coke industry
- Automation of coking processes
Coke and Chemistry is published under the auspices of a number of plants and organizations of the coking industry of Russia, Ukraine and Kazakhstan. A valuable feature of the journal is the inclusion of statistics on the supply and demand situation in the Former Soviet Union for coke and coke byproducts and information on calculating production costs and prices.is published under the auspices of a number of plants and organizations of the coking industry of Russia, Ukraine and Kazakhstan. A valuable feature of the journal is the inclusion of statistics on the supply and demand situation in the Former Soviet Union for coke and coke byproducts and information on calculating production costs and prices.
Coke and Chemistry is a peer reviewed journal. We use a single blind peer review format. Our team of reviewers includes 21 experts. The average period from submission to first decision in 2018 was 7 days, and that from first decision to acceptance was 30 days. The rejection rate for submitted manuscripts in 2018 was 20%. The final decision on the acceptance of an article for publication is made by the Editor-in-Chief.
Any invited reviewer who feels unqualified or unable to review the manuscript due to the conflict of interests should promptly notify the editors and decline the invitation. Reviewers should formulate their statements clearly in a sound and reasoned way so that authors can use reviewer’s arguments to improve the manuscript. Personal criticism of the authors must be avoided. Reviewers should indicate in a review (i) any relevant published work that has not been cited by the authors, (ii) anything that has been reported in previous publications and not given appropriate reference or citation, (ii) any substantial similarity or overlap with any other manuscript (published or unpublished) of which they have personal knowledge.
- This is an indispensable journal for engineers, chemists and technical staff involved with coal carbonization and the production of metallurgical and gas coke, and in the recovery and refining of the by-products of coking. It is the only Russian systematic source of information on the selection and preparation of coals for carbonization, the coking process as such, and the recovery and processing of the chemical products of carbonization. The journal is also useful for academics and students in the field as well as for practitioners.
- Grigorii M. Karpin
- Publishing model
- 4,961 (2018)